Athletic Game Day Staff
Locations:: Des Plaines, IL
Posted:: Mar 12, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time Staff
Position ID:: 129046
About Oakton Community College :
For over 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
The Athletic Department at Oakton Community College is seeking qualified individuals to provide staff support for home intercollegiate athletic contests for multiple functions.
- Operate game/match scoreboard within the rules parameters of the sport.
- Maintain time/shot clock within the rules parameters of the sport.
- Keep the official game/match scorebook within the rules parameters of the sport.
- Maintain game/match statistics within the rules parameters of the sport.
- Act as a game/match public address announcer providing announcements and music as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the game rules for volleyball, soccer, basketball, baseball and softball.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive role model for young adults.
- Ability to work independently in a chaotic environment.
Salary: $14.66 per hour
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.