Requisition Number:29311Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:14-Aug-2021Date Posted:28-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado Boulder and Housing and Dining Services
is seeking applications for a full time Head Line Cook, which offers awesome benefits!
This position is eligible for the following benefits: EcoPass; 22 vacation days; access to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement; a 10% employer contribution retirement plan, and more!
This is a hands-on working culinary position that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operations to the Dining Attendants.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreCampus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. We are comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. Our team is dedicated to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeKitchen Prep and Operation:
- Prep, assemble and delegate food preparation tasks and the setup and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Understand and utilize a variety of equipment and service standards as appropriate while preparing, assigning, and delegating standardized recipes.
- Follow and enforce food safety protocol in all areas of oversight, while ensuring cleanliness and quality of Back of House service areas.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills to assist with customer needs and inquiries.
- Lead by example both in general work ethic and positive and productive demeanor.
- Fully comprehend allergen labeling protocol, including avoidance of cross contact, and report any concerns, while following all ParTech and A9 procedures.
- Serves on the food safety response team, responding to all food safety emergencies.
- Train new staff and student employees, while empowering them to make decisions, and holding them accountable as needed.
- Partner with leadership to discuss staff issues, create break schedules, and address holes in the personnel roster as needed.
What You Should KnowThis full-time position is eligible for the following benefits:
- EcoPass for free RTD rides.
- Paid days off: 22 vacation days, 15 sick leave days, and 10 holidays.
- Access to Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A 10% employer contribution retirement plan.
- Opportunity for career growth.
What We Can Offer
- The pay rate is $17.00 per hour.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Challenged. Be Unique. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Three years of food service experience. Education may substitute for experience.
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain appropriate certification within 6 months of hire, and maintain for duration of employment with CDS.
What You Will Need
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a shown ability to effectively work in an environment with multiple interruptions.
- Outstanding professionalism, communication and maturity in all interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently as well as on a team.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political and geographical differences while working with students, faculty, and staff from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- One year culinary experience in a fast-paced university or institutional food service operation.
- Supervisory experience.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 14, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]