Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Identification: 53
Locations: , , , ,
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of the analytical review process related to invoice processing and the creation and modification of vendors.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Process university invoices and reimbursements for payment in PeopleSoft, including verifying appropriate approval, and chartfield/coding data, as well as reviewing for compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review university daily check cycles and void checks when appropriate.
- Provide daily assistance to the university community and vendors on invoice-related issues.
- Review vendor statements and handle return credit memo's and refund checks.
- Develop, install, and maintain vendor-related database systems for flat file invoice billing.
Education & Experience
- PeopleSoft, Oracle Cloud or comparable ERP experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Three years of business, accounting or related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work over-time during fiscal year close and throughout the year as needed, including some Saturdays.
- Customer service experience.
- College credits or degree in accounting.
- Accounts Payable Certification.
- Previous tax experience.
- Assist with the mentoring and development of our student workers.
- Responsible for vendor maintenance related to approximately 8,500 active vendors.
- Processes and analyzes university invoices and employee reimbursements.
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. At DePaul University, the Title IX Coordinator is Kathryn Statz. Her office is located in Lincoln Park on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. She can be reached at 312-362-8970, or [email protected]
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.