DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, The Ludeman Family Center for Women’s Health Research
Business Service Senior Professional
Position #00782132 – Requisition #20488*This position is open to a hybrid remote/onsite work arrangement*
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado School of Medicine | Ludeman Family Center for Women’s Health Research on the Anschutz Medical Campus has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Senior Professional.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Ludeman Center at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus invests in and conducts groundbreaking research in women’s health and sex differences with a current focus on cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and the intersection of physical and mental health. Given that research on women’s health was largely not included in studies until the 1990s and has historically been underfunded, the Ludeman Family Center for Women’s Health Research is dedicated to funding the next generation of scientists focused on women’s health and sex differences research. In addition, we are committed to mentoring and training young scientists while educating the community and health care providers about findings in the field.Nature of Work
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.The Business Services Senior Professional will collaborate with Ludeman Center leaders and team members to develop and implement plans for the operational systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the Ludeman Center. This position will be responsible for budget preparation, financial and strategic planning and analysis and provide programmatic, fundraising and other support as needed. This position will administer fiscal operations, personnel systems and programs that support the mission of the The Ludeman Family Center for Women’s Health Research.Furthermore, the position will provide financial and business support for the Director and Deputy Director of the Ludeman Center. Supervision Received
The Business Services Senior Professional will report directly to the Ludeman Center Deputy Director.Supervision Exercised
This position does not directly supervise others.Examples of Work PerformedOperational, Financial and Administrative duties include but are not limited to:
• Manage the operational, personnel and financial processes for the Ludeman Center
• Ensure the Ludeman Center financial activity adheres to University, CU Medicine, and Foundation policies.
• Regularly analyze, monitor and reconcile financial statements and information for the Ludeman Center
• Regularly monitor revenue and expenditure activity for each source of funds; generate journal entries, payroll expense transfers, funding distributions, etc.
• Direct Ludeman Center expenditures pertaining to payroll, purchasing, and inventory management.
• Oversee and administer personnel and vendor management systems to ensure requirements are met for Department, University, State, and Federal guidelines/regulations.
• Prepare reports, analyses and financial modeling to support the development of a diversified and sustainable financial model for a rapidly growing center.
• Prepare Ludeman Center program budgets; forecast expenses and revenues.
• Oversee the budget process and financial tracking of all Ludeman Center programs including, but not limited to, Junior Faculty Research Development Awards, National Conference, Annual Community Event, Symposium, Research Day, Communications and Outreach.
• Administer and coordinate scope-of-work, contract execution and monitoring.
• Provide analysis of Ludeman Center funding model(s) and sources and uses.
• Provide timely financial updates to the Ludeman Center Director and Deputy Director.
• Provide administrative support as assigned and act as back-up support for administrative activities for the Ludeman CenterFundraising duties include but are not limited to:
• Regularly monitor asset balances and revenue and expenditure activity for each source of funds to ensure donor agreements are carried out.
• Prepare grant/donor proposals, impact reports, presentations and analysis as assigned.
• Prepare and monitor the fundraising plan goals and tactics.
• Prepare program revenue reports, track program sponsors and prepare sponsor invoices.
• Track and administer grant requirements.
• Facilitate the Ludeman Center Advisory Board Finance Committee.
• Prepare and present quarterly financial reports for the Advisory Board and ensure timely updates are provided to the Finance Committee and Advisory Board.Programmatic duties include but are not limited to:
• Schedule, coordinate and prepare materials for programmatic events, conferences, and symposiums including acting as point person for EMS (room reservation) system
• Coordinate logistics for education and outreach events, including contacting catering and other vendor services, securing travel arrangements and itineraries for visiting professors and conference speakers and completing required University forms for events
• Provide program analysis and reporting for donor directed programmatic spending plans including large multi-year programs.
• Provide program support for community education, research and outreach programs
• Provide program support for research, mentoring and training programs: maintain award documentation and administer funding distributions.
• Provide strategic planning analysis and manage programs as assigned.
• Support special event planning and execution as assigned.This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $48,137 - $72,205. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, public health, accounting, finance, business administration, communications, business social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. A combination of education and experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
• Two years bookkeeping/accounting, procurement, administrative support and financial analysis and reporting experience.Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Conditions of Employment:
Must be willing and able to occasionally represent the Center at events that occur on weekends and or weeknights. PLEASE NOTE:
Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
• Two years of experience working with donors, and/or volunteer boards including correspondence, development of proposals, event planning, and management of expectations.
• Two years of relevant related program and grant management (research, foundation, private, event, etc.) experience
• Two years of experience utilizing and managing databases using electronic software.
• Two years of experience with University systems and procedures.Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of, and ability to apply, accepted theories, practices and principles of general management and administration.
• Ability to evaluate, analyze, and interpret data, recommend solutions, and implement the preferred course of action.
• Strong analytical and financial skills, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task.
• Effective project management skills and ability to maintain a cooperative, supportive, and productive relationship with other members of Ludeman Center staff, clients, partners, and university staff.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Actively seeks and is receptive to feedback; willing to learn and willing to undertake personal growth and change; embraces continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated professionalism, a strong work ethic, a commitment to high standards, integrity, stability, a discriminating judgment and accountability.
• Ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines with continuous changing of priorities.
• Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
• Strong computer and technology skills; proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.Job Category:
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 12, 2021Unposting Date: