MANAGER, FACILITIES SERVICES,BUMC Facilities Management
MANAGER, FACILITIES SERVICES,BUMC Facilities ManagementTracking Code9129 Job Description
The Manager reports to the Executive Director, Facilities Operations and is responsible for supervising the Assistant Facilities Manager, coordinating the work of 26 Union represented General Mechanics and managing approximately one million dollars of contracted services. Some of these contracts support the Life Safety infrastructure (Automatic Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Systems), Elevators, HVAC, Waste Water and Façade inspections.
The Manager is in charge of daily operations, touring of buildings, ordering supplies, instructing trades and take corrective action as necessary. Duties include assigning daily tasks to Assistant Facilities Manager and following up on work orders and scheduled PM work assigned to the General Mechanics. Responsibilities include engineering on all building operation projects. Other duties include establishing work priorities for Union employees to effectively and efficiently optimize the accurate amount of contracted services. This position includes managing customer (tenant) relations and the assignment of work order and quality management processes oversight. Monitors and manages operations’ budgets within areas of responsibility. Ensures delivery of services to patients, visitors, students, tenants, alumni (ae), Deans, Department heads, Professors and all other employees and staff as requested. Utilizes the medical campus’s core values as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the Medical Campus Mission.
- B.S or B.A. or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited College or University with major studies in Engineering, Facilities Management or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience.
- Valid MA Construction Supervisor’s License
- Knowledge of building system and read blue prints/ intrepid
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Building automation products and software
- Knowledge of Building HVAC, Steam and Electrical systems
- Ability to work with people, good customer service skills, good organizational skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular