Health Communications Specialist
Health Communications SpecialistStudent Health Center
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Health Communication Specialist is part of the Tulane University Campus Health team of committed professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting student health and wellbeing as a core institutional value through a multidisciplinary, comprehensive approach. The Health Communication Specialist resides within the Well for Health Promotion, and reports to the Manager of Marketing and Communication. The individual in this position is responsible for providing Campus Health with health communication and design assistance.The Health Communication Specialist will work with the Marketing Manager to develop a comprehensive health communication plan for The Well for Health Promotion that includes in person, print, and digital communication strategies. The individual in this position will design imagery and develop health communication strategies and campaigns to change student behavior using theory based and evidence informed strategies. The Health Communication Specialist will also conduct assessments to determine impact of communication strategies and initiatives. Located in the unique and iconic city of New Orleans, Tulane is a highly regarded and selective independent research university, a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), and offers undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in the liberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, social work, medicine, and public health. Tulane University Campus Health is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and serves a student body of over 13,500. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Health Communication, Marketing/Communication, Higher Education or other related field,
- One (1) year of work experience in marketing/communications, health promotion or closely related field;
- High school diploma or equivalent and seven (7) years of work experience in marketing/communication, health promotion or closely related field.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Health Communication, Marketing/Communication, Higher Education, or other related field.
- Experience in health communication planning, implementation and evaluation in higher education.
- Proficiency in professional graphic software applications (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and excellent understanding of electronic media capabilities and limitations (limited color palette, bandwidth, etc.).