Assistant/Associate Professor of Management (Strategy)
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Management (Strategy)
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224802
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Department Information The Department of Management and Marketing is the largest department in the Mike Cottrell College of Business (MCCB) and offers majors in marketing and in management, with concentrations in Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, Professional Sales, and Supply Chain Management in the BBA degree program. The MCCB is an AACSB-accredited business school, with over 4,400 students. The College includes the Center for Cyber Operations Education, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the BB&T Center for Ethical Leadership. In addition to the BBA, the college offers undergraduate degrees in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, and Technology Management, and two associate degrees. Graduate programs include the Cottrell MBA, Master of Accountancy, and three graduate certificates. The international group of teacher-scholars provides an exceptional learning community to prepare students for their professional roles and to engage with business and industry in the region to foster economic development. The MCCB will move into its new home on the Dahlonega campus in fall 2022. The Cottrell Center for Business, Technology & Innovation will provide a state-of-the-art learning environment focused on student and faculty engagement.Job Summary
The Department of Management and Marketing in the Mike Cottrell College of Business at the University of North Georgia (UNG) invites applicants for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of business strategy beginning with the Fall 2021 semester. The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses on multiple campuses. The successful applicant will value a student-centered, experiential learning approach in the classroom and engage in quality scholarship activities.Responsibilities
- Use innovative teaching and learning techniques to provide high quality undergraduate management-related courses such as strategic management and fundamentals of management;
- Produce peer-reviewed theoretical, applied, or pedagogical research related to business/management strategy related to the teaching discipline;
- Engage with the business community to further the goals of the Mike Cottrell College of Business (ex. connecting students to potential employers for internships/jobs); and,
- Participate as an active and contributing member to provide service to the department, College and University.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning practices; knowledge of theoretical, pedagogical and applied concepts in the area of strategic management; ability to integrate best practices from industry;
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team; passion for working with students to develop their skills and expertise
- A PhD or DBA in management with a primary focus on strategic management, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution, is required at time of hire.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a record of or show potential to maintain excellent teaching and scholarship accomplishments in the area of strategic management; a commitment to business education is required.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.