IT Support Computing Analyst II
Univ Info Tech Services DivDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is accepting applications for multiple positions of IT Support Computing Analyst to join Workgroup and Network Consulting (WNC) team. The IT Support Computing Analyst provides technical support, training and guidance to the campus community regarding the use, maintenance, and repair of computer technology.
This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
UITS is a $60M organization of approximately 300 employees responsible for providing enterprise network, telecommunications, computing, and data services to the University of Arizona. UITS offers a broad array of services to the university community ranging from deploying and managing the campus’ wired and wireless networks to stewardship of the administrative applications that support the HR, payroll, finance, and student lifecycle management activities of the institution. Also, UITS recently unveiled its next-generation high performance computing environment to support the computationally intensive needs of UA research faculty.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to active faculty/staff/designated campus colleagues to address information technology issues with applications, hardware, and the network.
- Manage/administer organization units (OUs) through Active Directory for supported units.
- Acts as liaison between users and other technical units.
- Management/support of the O365 environment for supported units.
- User management using Grouper.
- Recommends system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Coordinates configuration/installation and general troubleshooting of applications and software.
- Provide user administration & permissions for enterprise systems.
- Work with and support campus professionals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, including 1 year of customer service experience required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of computers, networks, and remote troubleshooting techniques.
- Skill in providing information technology related customer service and training to users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Skill in analyzing computer hardware and software problems.
- Skill in working as part of a team.
- Skill in time management and in dealing with multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
•Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving computer and other technology problems.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$18.03-$20.19 per hourCompensation Type:
6Career Stream and Level:
IT SupportJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach a document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor)Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.