Program Coordinator, Senior-Department of Surgery
SurgeryDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
We are offering an excellent opportunity for a self-directed individual to provide complex Program Coordinator, Senior support to the Section of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) in the Trauma Division and manage its Non-ACGME Fellowship program. This position requires a high degree of professionalism. Exercising initiative, resourcefulness, integrity, and good judgment will be essential.The successful candidate will demonstrate comfort in multitasking; possess a strong customer service orientation and have excellent project management, information management. The successful candidate must demonstrate the capacity to respond to a significant number of requests in a timely manner exercising diplomacy, discretion, and excellent judgment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and clinical support at an advanced level of professionalism to the Director/Chief and faculty of the Section of Minimally Invasive & Robotic Surgery (MIS).
- Serve as the first point of contact for the MIS program, its human subjects research projects and the University of Arizona Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Work closely with the Section Chief in developing and implementing new or revised program goals and objectives while analyzing the needs and assessments for the program's development.
- Interacts independently as liaison between the Section of MIS and both internal and outside physicians. students, residents, fellows, staff and outside agencies.
- Supervision of both the Arizona Center for Endoscopic Surgery (ACES) Minimally Invasive, Robotic and Bariatric Clinical Fellowship and the ACES Postdoctoral Research Fellowship including maintenance of quarterly evaluations from Program Director and affiliated faculty.
- Along with the MIS faculty and fellow, assist in the coordination and distribution of the monthly MIS call schedule.
- Prepare, edit, submit and track grant requests for funding for fellowship programs, educational, and equipment purposes through various entities.
- Assist in management and reconciliation of MIS accounts including budget control and spending and processing of financial requirements for the section.
- Prepare budget proposals and recommendations for controlling expenditures. Prepare periodic reports, financial statements and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management.
- Arrange for faculty candidate recruitment including coordinating travel arrangements, scheduling interviews between candidate and other faculty members, creating candidate's itinerary, and escorting candidate to/from meetings.
- Transcribe manuscripts from rough draft; convert and incorporate redline changes into existing manuscripts; light to heavy editing without changing intended message; research references for accuracy using pubmed.com
- Research appropriate journals for abstract submissions; format manuscript submissions according to individual journal's specific guidelines and submit articles, abstracts, case reports, etc. to various journals.
- Determine and prepare background materials for presentations, including the development of PowerPoint presentations, poster presentations and handouts.
- Coordinate, compile documentation and assist with medical licensure, visas, promotion and tenure, annual faculty reviews, credentialing and re-credentialing for the Director and faculty of the Section of Minimally Invasive & Robotic Surgery.
- Attend multidisciplinary meetings as a representative of the Section to facilitate and promote program development and growth.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
*Preference will given to existing UArizona employees.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Academic AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Med Education PrgmJob Function:
Academic AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Jessica HolmgrenHR [email protected]Open Date:
3/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.