Assistant Professor Elementary and Middle Grades Education
Assistant Professor Elementary and Middle Grades EducationPosition Number::
000354Full-time or Part-time::
Middle grades Secondary/Special EducationPosting Number::
EHRA (Faculty)Job Category::
Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMinimum salary::
Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMaximum salary::
Commensurate with Education and ExperienceOverall Position Competency::
EHRADescription of primary duties and responsibilities::
The Department of Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle Grades, Reading, and Special Education in the College of Education at Fayetteville State University is seeking applications for a full-time adjunct position at the Assistant Professor level to begin in the Fall 2021.
The College of Education at Fayetteville State University invites applications for a Faculty position in the Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle Grades, Reading and Special Education Department. The candidate must have an earned doctorate in Science Education, Curriculum and Instruction, or a related Education field from an accredited university. A minimum of three years of successful teaching in K-12 education is required. The incumbent faculty member will teach courses at the undergraduate/graduate level(s) in science education, classroom management, general methods, clinical seminar, supervise clinical experience candidates, and other related educational courses. The candidate will advise graduate students and engage in departmental activities/committees as prescribed by the Dean, and the department Chair. The incumbent will further be expected to play an active role in the maintenance of academic standards, show evidence and knowledge of and the ability to use educational technology and tools, as well as digital, virtual, and online teaching and learning; show evidence of scholarly activity; and display a commitment to public higher education.
The candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Elementary/Middle Grades Education to include science education, classroom management, general methods, clinical seminar, supervise clinical experience candidates, and other related educational courses. Other duties will include mentoring undergraduate and graduate students, providing service to the department, college and university, participating in research, grant writing, and other scholarly activities.Description of Work Continued::
• Includes the preparation of course syllabi and classes, the preparation and grading of examinations, teaching face-to-face and/or online or virtual courses and other technology-based instruction, as needed, to meet enrollment goals
• Observe office hours for purposes of student consultation meet with students, as requested/needed and by appointment
• Teaching load: four (4) three-credit-hour courses in each of the fall and spring semesters
• Participation in activities (usually through committee work) designed to advance the mission and quality of the University, College, and Department programs. Assignments to routine committee work will be made in consideration of other demands placed on the faculty member by the University
• Attendance is expected at Department, College, and general University meetings
• Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic disciplines
• Research, publish, and participate in professional activity within the faculty member’s field of specialization, or otherwise directed towards the University’s mission
Earned doctorate in Science Education, Curriculum and Instruction, or a related Education field from an accredited university.
A minimum of three years of successful teaching in K-12 education.
The candidate must have a strong commitment to undergraduate/graduate education and a desire to prepare outstanding teachers, evidence of scholarly endeavors, and a record of professional and community involvement/service is expected. The Department is interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and service.Special Instructions to Applicants::
For priority consideration, please apply by April 11, 2021 and include the following:
•Contact information for three Professional References
•Transcript(s) from each degree-granting institution
•Current Teaching License
You may also include:
• Evidence of scholarly work – e.g., published peer reviewed articles, published manuscripts, or book chaptersOpen Until Filled::
YesAdditional Information for Applicants:
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement::
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.