Miscellaneous Non-Credit Instructor
Miscellaneous Non-Credit Instructor
Position Title: Miscellaneous Non-Credit Instructor
Department: Workforce Development
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: Specifically seeking applicants with experience and to teach in the following areas. Cloud Computing Architect: Seeking an IT professional to join in the development of a non-credit cloud computing training program?Experienced developer, systems operator or architect desired. Must be willing to obtain certification in cloud computing?vendor specific?and teach at least one 60-hour non-credit program per year, based on enrollment. Office 365 ? Outlook 2016: Power users sought to teach all office applications at the intermediate and advanced levels on a contract/periodic basis. Outlook 2016 skills from basic to advanced functionality are also desired. Must have daytime availability. The positions are located at various locations in the Pittsburgh Area. Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS.
Day and hours (for hourly position): Days and hours vary according to class schedule and the needs of the College and Department.
Job Category: Adjunct/Faculty
Employment Type: Adjunct Part-Time
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Requirements: Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Applicants are expected to have post-secondary teaching experiences; work experiences in the discipline to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including industry certifications, where appropriate.
The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
5. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
6. Support the college's goals.
7. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=131
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency