Clinical Research Program Manager
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health (CVD) brings together more than four decades of innovative and life-saving research on vaccines and infectious diseases. http://www.medschool.umaryland.edu/cvd/. As an organized research center within the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM), CVD comprises a multi-disciplinary team of faculty and staff whose primary mission is to develop, evaluate, and implement vaccines and other interventions to reduce illness and mortality domestically and in less developed countries. We work to prevent and treat enteric and respiratory diseases, to reduce the threat of malaria and antimicrobial resistance, and to identify, understand and combat other tropic and emerging pathogens burdening low resource settings. Training is a critical component of our work to ensure the foundation for the next generation of scientists and researchers committed to our mission.
The CVD is seeking a Clinical Research Program Manager to join our team.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Manage one or more domestic and international research projects of substantive size and budget.
- Manage clinical research projects including the budget, ensuring quality control and safety compliance, developing policies and procedures, and ordering supplies. Identify and address issues and deficiencies amd implement effective solutions.
- Assemble and prepare literature research, editing and preparing manuscripts, scientific illustrations, and computer graphics for publication.
- Support country teams to prepare annual progress reports, continuation applications and annual budgets. Develop and schedule program work plan in accordance with specifications and funding limitations to shape the program.
- Collate material for domestic and international meetings, committee meetings, etc. Prepare periodic reports, manage data collection for events, keep records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports.
- Interact and maintain liaison with students, faculty, staff, and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives. Build and maintain strong relationships with domestic & international partners to grow the programming.
- Provide programmatic support and the development of effective and efficient administrative tools linking technical with operations.
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative teams to achieve objectives and milestones. Engage in budget formulation, justification, and contract development processes.
- Maintain/or assist with human resources and financial tracking systems and assist in the design and maintenance of costing data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Four (4) years of program oversight, including program planning, budget and coordination.
Preferred Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with previous international clinical research experience.
Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
Other: Due to the nature of international work, candidate must have schedule flexibility. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Centers/Programs/ORCs
Job Posting: Apr 20, 2021
Unposting Date: May 11, 2021, 10:59:00 PM