Truman Fellow in Entrepreneurship Law Education - 53946
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35890
School of LawJob Description
The 2021 Entrepreneurship Law Education ("EshipLaw Fellow") would be assigned to work on matters pertaining to legal issues education and access to legal services education pursued through two Law School operations: (1) the Entrepreneurial Legal Services Clinic (“ELS Clinic”), and (2) the administration and curating of the EshipLaw Website (www.eshiplaw.org). Specifically:
- Regarding the ELS Clinic: Reporting to Prof. Merrick, Director of the ELS Clinic, the Fellow would assist with: (a) the creation of educational content (for example, FAQs, checklists, videos, and other materials for posting on an ELS Clinic website); (b) interactions among the ELS Clinic, the City of KCMO’s KC BizCare office, and KC SourceLink on education on entrepreneurship law subjects and on avenues for entrepreneurs to obtain related legal services; and (c) planning and implementation of one or more educational webinars on selected entrepreneurship law matters.
- Regarding the EshipLaw Website: Reporting to Prof. Luppino, Director of the Law School’s Entrepreneurship Programs, the Fellow would assist with: (a) refreshing and expansion of the content on the publicly accessible portions of the EshipLaw website that pertain to education on entrepreneurship law subjects (for example, FAQs, checklists, videos, and other materials for posting on an EshipLaw website) and on avenues for entrepreneurs to obtain related legal services (across the U.S.); and (b) in collaboration with entrepreneurship faculty in the EshipLaw network from across the country, planning and implementation of one or more educational webinars on selected entrepreneurship law matters.
J.D. degree required.Preferred Qualifications
- Strong record of performance in law school business and tax courses/clinics
- Prior experience working with businesses and entrepreneurs
- Strong skills in oral and written communications
- Comfort with using technology in word processing, surveys, and spreadsheets
- Experience with graphic design and website design
Full Time/Part Time
100% FTE non-benefit eligible position for 6 month appointment.Salary
$3,250 per monthApplication Deadline
March 19, 2021Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.