Student Engagement Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Campus Student Services
Student Engagement Coordinator
Position #766921 – Requisition #20452
The Student Engagement Coordinator serves in a multifaceted role, in the Office of Campus Student Services (OCSS) at CU Anschutz. Portfolios of OCSS include: student engagement, student health promotion, CARE Team and the Office of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. The Student Engagement Coordinator position will be responsible for 1) student events, 2) campus-wide student organizations, 3) CU Anschutz Compassionate Service Board and the student food pantry, 4) Basic Life Science (BLS) program, 5) student communication 6) coordinates RTD pass waiver process, and the shared unit responsibility of shaping the experience of all students at CU Anschutz. Consistent with the mission and goals of the Student Success division, this position will be required to build and maintain professional relationships with students, staff, and faculty while subscribing to the philosophy of a team approach. The Student Engagement Coordinator must be able to maintain a working knowledge at all times of all current University policies that are relevant to student services. Examples of Work :
- Participate in the planning and implementation of student-facing events, including but not limited to: orientations, student organization events, commencement celebrations, and community service days.
- Coordinate and provide guidance to the CU Anschutz Student Senate, interdisciplinary student organizations as well as develop programs based upon student needs and interests that support their professional development through co-curricular activities.
- Coordinate Campus Wide Programming committee fostering community building and partnership cultivation
- Maintain, update and the lead point of contact for the Lead Basic Life Science (BLS) Training Program.
- Create, coordinate & distribute student communications, including the Wellness Wednesday Newsletter, the weekly campus wide newsletter, and other campus wide student communications as needed.
- Support and coordinate the RTD pass process, and build relationships with RTD to ensure seamless delivery of the RTD passes, create and maintain processes for the dissemination of the RTD Passes, meet quarterly with RTD staff to execute the RTD contract by coordinating payment, and ensuring adherence to the tenants of the contract.
- Participate in other program activities and initiatives as requested
- Other duties as assigned
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $45,000 to $51,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree education, social sciences, public administration, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One year of professional experience working in student support roles or related field.
- 2-years professional student service experience, preferably in higher education setting.
- Experience working with a diverse population of students in a non-profit or educational setting.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience using web-based information systems (i.e. PeopleSoft or similar).
- Professional experience successfully managing programs and/or projects
- Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national background and sex offender registry check
- PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Strong clerical, telephone, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to display empathy and exercise active listening.
- Ability to network and create relationships with various campus and community constituents.
- Ability to learn through critical reflection and feedback.
- Ability to enable others to succeed individually while accomplishing a collective outcome.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and openness to change.
- Imagination to develop new concepts and improve existing services.
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions.
- Ability to relate well to students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Working knowledge of the structure, policies and procedures of higher education institutions.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Mar 10, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing