Assistant or Associate Professor for Physical Therapy
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Assistant or Associate Professor for Physical TherapyDepartment:
School of Health ProfessionsJob Location:
Fort WorthFull Time/Part Time:
Salary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth (HSC) Department of Physical Therapy is housed within the School of Health Professions (SHP) which also includes a Physician Assistant Studies Program and an online Master of Science in Lifestyle Health. HSC is dedicated to excellence in education, research, primary care and community service. HSC has a strong commitment to the success of the Physical Therapy department relying on a culture of clear values: integrity, collaboration, respect, serving others first, and to be visionary in creating solutions for a healthier community. We develop and deliver these solutions in an interprofessional, team-based environment that promotes patient-centered care. We are seeking a faculty member who recognizes the importance of values-based leadership and whose vision is consistent with emerging health care delivery.Position Summary:
The Department of Physical Therapy at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth is seeking faculty at the Assistant or Associate Professor Rank for a 12-month appointment, beginning in the summer 2021. Ideal candidates will have clinical and teaching experience in foundational courses such as therapeutic interventions, evidence-based practice, psychosocial aspects of healthcare, and neurologic and musculoskeletal physical therapy, and prosthetics and orthotics. Duties and responsibilities include teaching, advising, research/scholarship activities, and service in the entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program, fostering interprofessional education and practice through collaboration and engagement with academic faculty within the university, school, program, and faculty in the HSC Health clinical practice, supporting the mission and vision of the department to create solutions for a healthier community, and abiding by all relevant university and /or department procedures and policies.Minimum Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• A DPT degree from an accredited physical therapy program
• A terminal academic degree (PhD, DSc, EdD or equivalent) is desired
• ABPTS Certification is desired
• Licensure or eligibility to obtain a licensure as a physical therapist in Texas
• Minimum of three (3) years teaching and/or clinical experience in physical therapy practice.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with individuals from diverse communities and cultures within and outside the University
• Provides and maintains a respectful and nurturing learning environment that promotes patient-centered care
• Models professionalism inside and outside of the classroom setting
• Demonstrated productivity in the areas of education, scholarly activity, and service
• Active participation in professional activities at the local, state, and national level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Contemporary clinical expertise and teaching experience in an academic higher learning environment is desired in one or more of the following areas: foundational courses such as therapeutic interventions, evidence-based practice, psychosocial aspects of healthcare neurologic and musculoskeletal physical therapy, and prosthetics and orthotics.
•Licensed to practice in Texas or license to practice in Texas by the time of hire
Ability to communicate, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, GraspSecurity Sensitive:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Driving University Vehicle:
F396PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Cover letter expressing interest in the position, experience as a physical therapist and/or in related field of higher education emphasizing teaching experience, scholarship, and service.
The contact information should include professional reference’s position, email, phone number and relationship to the applicant.
For Other Document, please attach PT License.
Inquiries can be directed to Dr. Kenneth L Miller, Chair of the Search Committee at [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.