Director of Marketing Strategy (Multiple Positions)
Marketing & Brand ManagementDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Director of Marketing Strategy (DMS) is responsible for creating, implementing, and evaluating marketing strategies to achieve University business goals through branding and marketing within academic and non-academic units.
The Director advances marketing efforts at the university level and works collaboratively with colleges, schools, and other divisions on programs and initiatives that simultaneously advance division and university goals.
The Director helps lead the university's business intelligence efforts and engenders a culture of data-driven decision-making. The DMS will also assess and analyze institutional data in a manner that informs marketing efforts, in collaboration with university divisions that maintain this data.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively to create, implement, and evaluate marketing strategies that advance the University of Arizona's goals, increase its visibility, and build its brand equity
- With a collaborative orientation, work with colleges, schools, and other divisions on programs and initiatives that simultaneously advance division and university goals
- Assist in establishing and refining, division-level brand positioning platforms, align them with the university brand and express accurately across a variety of audiences
- Serve as a marketing and branding consultant to individual units and advance brand adoption through the effective deployment of tools and resources that help marketing staff adopt the brand, apply it in their situation, and engage in activities that advance business goals
- Be a leader of the university's business intelligence efforts and engender a culture of data-driven decision-making, including leading qualitative and quantitative research, gathering secondary research, optimizing the use of digital analytics, and assessing the efficacy and performance of media plans
- Lead and manage third-party vendors as projects and initiatives require
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience, including 3 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
11Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
3Target Hire Date:
4/5/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
3/8/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.