Executive Director of Academic Technology and Campus Engagement
Job Title: Executive Director of Academic Technology and Campus Engagement
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224775
The Executive Director of Academic Technology & Campus Engagement reports to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer. This position serves as member of the Office of Information Technology (OIT) leadership team and plays a key role in effective delivery and improvement of inclusive, campus-wide information technology services for diverse campus audiences including faculty, staff, and students. This position leads staff who have a high level of interaction with our faculty, staff, and students. The incumbent provides leadership and direct supervision of the following IT functions: LMS Administration and Support, Classroom Technology Services, Technology Training, and Media Production Services. This position helps to ensure strategic alignment, consistency, and effectiveness across all functions in OIT. This position will play a leadership role in multiple campus technology projects and strategic initiatives. This position will provide technology leadership in particular to technologies used for teaching and learning as well as initiatives to improve accessibility and usability of digital instructional content. This position will also provide leadership for initiatives to improve end user experiences and satisfaction with campus technologies.Responsibilities
- Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports; responsibilities include performance management and fostering a strong sense of shared accountability and cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Lead continuous improvement of all resources and services in the Academic Technology & Campus Engagement portfolio.
- Serve as a key leader or representative in multiple strategic campus-wide projects. The Executive Director often leads or participates in projects with a focus on academic and student initiatives such as teaching and learning with technology or using technology and/or data to reduce time to degree and improve student outcomes.
- Help ensure the success of projects through effective planning, change management, communication, and documentation.
- Help lead and enhance our efforts to improve accessibility and usability of digital instructional content.
- In collaboration with the OIT leadership team, help guide continuous improvement all OIT services, processes, and operations.
- Serve a key contact for colleagues across GGC.
- Play a leadership role in ongoing development of an organizational culture based on excellent service, transparency, nimbleness, engagement with stakeholders, and effective communications.In collaboration with the OIT leadership team, engage in strategic planning and prioritization activities.
- Help lead initiatives to simplify processes, increase efficiency, and eliminate unnecessary duplication.
- Propose innovations that may be beneficial at GGC.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in related field such as Education or Instructional Design
- Demonstrated experience serving in an IT leadership role such as director for at least 3 years and successfully leading projects and delivering services for most of the following functions: LMS Administration, Classroom Technology Services, Technology Training, and Media Production Services.
- Demonstrated experience with supervision, delegation, coaching, and performance management.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing complex projects, prioritizing based on strategic goals, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement of services, processes, and documentation.
- Graduate Degree in any relevant field such as Education or Instructional Design.
- Demonstrated experience with leading change/effective change management.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and effective implementation of strategic goals.
- Demonstrated experience leading efforts to improve the accessibility/usability of digital instructional content.
- Demonstrated experience leading efforts to improve user experiences and satisfaction.
- Familiarity applying agile project management concepts desired.
- Demonstrated ability to gather metrics and provide reports as requested.
- Demonstrated ability to own, manage, and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent service to faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated understanding of higher education organizational structures and mission.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]Other Information
This is a supervisory position.Background Check
- Standard + Education