Visiting Lecturer of Sociology
Job no: 507528
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Mar 08 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Sociology at the University of Massachusetts Lowell invites candidates to apply for a one year visiting full-time, non-tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Lecturer to start in the Fall Semester, September 2021. This full-time appointment includes full benefits. Primary responsibilities are to provide high quality teaching (75%) and service (25%) to the department. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The regular teaching load for this position will be three courses per semester, and will include teaching both Introduction to Sociology and elective courses. Area of specialization is open.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- MA in Sociology or related field; PhD preferred
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications received by April 10,2021 will receive full consideration. Applications may continue to be reviewed after that date; however, the position will close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement/Philosophy
- Evidence of Teaching
- Diversity Statement
- * Names and email addresses of three references will also be required during the application process. The references will be notified and should upload recommendation letters. Only recommendation letters that are uploaded to the system by the referee will be accepted. Emailed or hardcopy letters will not be accepted.