Financial Services Counselor
Financial Services Counselor
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Financial Services Counselor. Responsible for the processing of financial aid applications from initial needs analysis to the packaging of offers of assistance, and counseling students regarding all student loans, scholarships, grants, and employment programs. The incumbent will also work to interpret the rationale behind student budgets, need analysis computations and all program regulations, and assist in the monitoring of aid eligibility and academic progress requirements. The incumbent will ensure compliance with federal, state, and university directives as they relate to US Department of Education guidelines.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Counsel all prospective/current students in all matters concerning financial aid, including the application process, eligibility requirements, and aid for study abroad programs, additional loan options, student employment, scholarships, and loan repayment.
- Assist students with billing questions, monthly payment plans, registration and transcript holds.
- Assist students' project their costs and financial aid for the year and prepare spreadsheets with this information to share with students and parents.
- Identify, determine, and approve special circumstances appeals warranting professional judgment modifications as well as appeals for aid beyond the maximum timeframe.
- Coordinate with other campus departments to help students resolve issues, such as but not limited to: Admission, Residence Life, Registrar, Hilltopper IDCard office, Health and Counseling Center, Academic Counseling and Exploration, Academic Services, and Career and Professional Development, and Human Resources.
- Ensures that all Department of Athletics and University-related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all Athletic Department's efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
For Consideration, a Bachelor's degree is required. At least two years' experience as a Financial Services Counselor or related field. Experience developing and evaluating policies and procedures. The incumbent must have the ability and experience to handle complex and sensitive issues. Experience working with college students in the areas of mentoring, advising, and counseling preferred. Bilingual preferred, English and Spanish. Must possess an unencumbered driver's license and the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Job Description.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials by March 24, 2021:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available:ImmediatelyFull Job Description St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com