Research Scientist (I or ll)/Postdoc
A Research Scientist/Postdoc position (Research Scientist I or ll depending on experience) is available in Dr. Zhang's lab at Husson University, School of Pharmacy. This position requires a person to have significant foundational knowledge and experience in the primary research field and complementary research methodologies. The person would largely work independently to perform a range of laboratory activities including complex tasks supporting the research project. This position expects that supervision of research technicians will occur depending on the size of the laboratory.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct laboratory experiments utilizing a wide variety of techniques, instruments and equipment;
• Collect, record and analyze project data;
• Organizes and summarizes data using a variety of electronic software, e.g. word processing, statistical;
• Collaborate in the design of experiments, developing protocols and establishing new laboratory techniques;
• Depending on laboratory size, train and oversee the work of students and research technicians;
• Assist with clerical duties including supply ordering, budgeting and inventory management.
• Experience of cell culture;
• Highly motivated and committed, reliable, responsible, and dependable;
• Team player, good oral and written communication skills;
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point;
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Depending on salary grade baccalaureate, master's and/or doctoral degree required with research experience required.