Director of Nursing
Arkansas State University-Newport has an opening for a Director of Nursing. This is a full-time position (12-month appointment) at the Newport campus. This position will require travel to the Jonesboro and Marked Tree campuses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing, with institutional input, shall have responsibility for the following:
- Administration of the Practical Nursing and Registered Nursing programs on the Newport, Jonesboro and Marked Tree campuses of ASUN
- Preparing and recommending for approval the budget for all Nursing programs
- Nursing faculty development and performance review
- Recommendation of qualified faculty for appointment, promotion, and retention
- Maintaining the expectations set forth by the Arkansas Board of Nursing, the Office of Long Term Care, and the Arkansas Rural Nursing Education Consortium (ARNEC)
- Development and maintenance of records and reports needed for programmatic approval and accreditation
- Coordination of course schedules for all nursing programs
- Collaborating with community and professional partners to ensure that nursing and health professions programs are meeting the needs of our students and industry
- Program assessment and evaluation
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of two (2) years full-time equivalent practice in a clinical setting
- Hold a valid, unencumbered, license to practice as an RN in Arkansas.
- A minimum of a Master of Science degree in Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of nursing education experience
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a Master of Science in Nursing with a specialty in education and evidence of successful experience in management of nursing academic programs. A Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution of higher education is required. Must have a minimum of two years of nursing education experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
RN license is required.
Provides leadership to all full-time and part-time nursing faculty.
Excellent communication skills are required. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals so others will understand; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from faculty, administration or the general public
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit and occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator and similar machines.
How to Apply
More information about Arkansas State University-Newport is available at www.asun.edu. Interested applicants may apply online at https://jobs.talent.dynamics.com/jobs/asun.edu/2. Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and references along with their online application. Nominations or other inquiries may be directed to Human Resources at [email protected]