Applications are being accepted for a Research Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College Fond du Lac Campus. This position will provide technical research support and coordination of research activities for the Institutional Effectiveness team.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place March 19, 2021.
1. Assist Institutional Effectiveness team members with the task of working with other areas of the College to address their research needs. Prepare and conduct surveys/studies, and collect, code, and analyze data required for ongoing college research and assessment activities, utilizing statistical analysis software as needed.
2. Assist with validating information and assuring data is credible in identifying institutional and market trends, economic research, including demographics, occupational information, and other requirements. Assist with analyzing data and processes which affect data integrity.
3. Support the maintenance and submission of surveys or reports mandated or requested by the WTCS Office, external agencies, and internal staff, adhering to the strict guidelines established by these entities.
4. Assist with writing reports in response to internal data requests using reporting software (i.e. Cognos, Power BI) to access data from Banner, Banner Operational Data Store (ODS) and the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). Incorporate statistical analysis and business analytics as required.
5. Support the Institutional Effectiveness team activities by assisting with the development and maintenance of documentation including research methodologies, specifications and associated documentation.
6. Prepare research reports by accessing and analyzing information and data from a variety of internal and external sources. Translate data into reports and/or infographics/data visualizations to create visually appealing, understandable information.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Systems, or a related field required.
2. Minimum of 1 year experience in research and analysis required. Experience in institutional research preferred.3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize computer based analysis/reporting tools for the compilation, manipulation and presentation of data utilizing Cognos, Power BI and SQL querying methods as well as various economic modeling/market research tools (EMSI).
5. Detailed knowledge of SPSS or similar statistical analysis software.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of complex statistical analysis techniques and tools, and a working knowledge of market research techniques.
7. Working knowledge of survey development systems including, SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics or similar survey tools.
8. Ability to gather and interpret data in order to create reports using charts, graphs, statistical applications, and infographics, translating the data into easy to understand formats.
9. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to be flexible and adaptable by shifting quickly between multiple projects.
10. Ability to work independently and in a highly participative team environment.
11. Strong verbal, written communication and human relations skills.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive College information.
13. Proficiency with MS Office and statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS, or Stata.
14. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.Benefits Summary
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program