Administrative Assistant-Beaver Dam Campus Dean
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Administrative Assistant-Beaver Dam Campus Dean at Moraine Park Technical College Beaver Dam Campus. This position will provide administrative support and technical assistance to the Beaver Dam Campus Dean. This includes providing support to, managers and staff in the Curriculum and K-12 work teams. In addition, this position provides support to campus faculty and staff, and external guests and visitors as well as to general campus operations.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place March 16, 2021.
1. Be an advocate for Moraine Park Technical College and assist with directing and referring students and other stakeholders to appropriate resources/services at Moraine Park.
2. Provide technical and administrative support, sometimes in confidential matters, to the Beaver Dam Campus Dean. Serve as the campus contact for the community, staff and students in the absence of the Campus Dean. Assist in the planning and preparation of team meetings and on campus events.
3. Verify coding and figures on expense vouchers, purchase requisitions, mileage reports, and other district forms. Maintain file of college forms and records. Coordinate preparation of work team budget including preparation of materials for Campus Dean. Compile and enter budget. Assist with facilitation of budget process. Reconcile credit card transactions. Process and approve requisitions.
4. Access, analyze and interpret information and data in order to facilitate decision-making, to prepare reports and presentations and to develop documents for monitoring processes, procedures and projects within the Unit.
5. Coordinate the communication of information to the Beaver Dam Campus and work teams. Assist the Campus Dean with communication to College staff, students, and general public.
6. Assist and coordinate campus and curriculum planning. Work closely with the Curriculum Team to provide administrative support such as attending meetings to record minutes, reviewing and submitting new program packets as well as other supporting documentation required by the College and the WTCS System Office. Monitor and/or complete all necessary data entry and approved workflow requirements regarding program, course development/changes, assessment, and continuous quality improvement standards.
7. Assist with room, course, program, and community scheduling for the Beaver Dam Campus. Coordinate facilities/services arrangements for Beaver Dam and campus activities, including room rentals, reservations and coordination of facilities.
8. Assist with orientating new staff on the Beaver Dam campus as necessary.
9. Provide back up support to other academic Administrative Assistants.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
1. Associate Degree in a related field required.
2. Three years of related work experience, to include experience in an office environment.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures, terminology, and equipment.
5. Willingness to take initiative, work independently with little supervision and make decisions with minimum direction. Must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize special projects with routine assignments.
6. Ability to set up and maintain accurate, up-to-date files and records.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.8. Ability to work with detailed information, compile statistics and data for reports and to compose appropriate memos and correspondence.9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, teachers and students and public. Ability to work in a team-based environment.10. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point). Experience with an ERP system, preferably Banner.
11. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
12. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program