Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35820
Hiring Department INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Application DeadlineOpen Until Filled Full Time/Part TimeFull Time, Benefit Eligible Salary$47,476 - $73,374/annuallyCommensurate with experience.
Missouri S&T, one of four campuses comprising the University of Missouri, enrolls approximately 6,700 undergraduates and 1,900 graduate students, and is among the top technological research universities in the country. Missouri S&T has been listed as the 1st and 3rd best investments for out-of-state and in-state students, respectively by Newsweek. Its 284-acre campus, about 90 minutes from the city of St. Louis, is situated in the beautiful Ozarks region of Missouri. Rolla, a community of 19,000, enjoys a superb educational system, competitive cost-of-living, and abundant recreational opportunities.
Missouri S&T offers a great benefits package to include a 75% discount on tuition fees for employees, and a 50% discount for employee spouses and dependents. Information Technology encourages its employees to further their education by leveraging the S&T educational benefit as a part-time student. Remote work scheduling is available. Additional information about Information Technology at S&T can be found at http://it.mst.edu/.Job Description
This is a professional, exempt, Information Technology position responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and support of software application systems developed both in-house and purchased as 3rd party solutions. Application scope includes those related to campus academic, administrative and research related activities.
This position reports to the Manager of Applications and Systems Infrastructure.
• Work directly with customers, project managers, and database/systems administrators on design, implementation, maintenance and security of in-house developed applications and 3rd party tools.
• Install, design, maintain, enhance and secure existing applications using established coding standards and toolsets.
• Maintain documentation for in-house developed and 3rd party applications with respect to purpose, customer scope/audience, data elements, nuances, etc.
• Provide customer training for in-house and 3rd party applications.
• Provide redundancy in support of software/systems across the applications infrastructure team.
• Develop and present solutions with supporting data/reports, both formally and informally
• Communicate effectively through verbal and written mediums.
• Be an active/attentive listener.
• Work collaboratively in tightly integrated team environment, mentoring amongst one another.
• Develop rapport working directly with our relations management team members and campus customers.
• Working knowledge of a variety of programming languages, software development practices, software version control systems and database management systems.
• Practical experience in developing web based applications using a variety of languages and tool sets.
• Knowledge and application of software engineering principles.
• Knowledge of data modeling concepts and design techniques.
• Thorough understanding of SQL query language and constructs.
• Experience deploying/managing MySQL or PostgreSQL (or other relational database systems).
• Working knowledge of a distributed version control system, such as git.
• Experience developing mobile applications for IOS and Android platforms.
• Working knowledge of IBM’s Cognos business intelligence software.
• Understanding of underlying operating system infrastructure and storage systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Integration experience between development and operations (DevOps).
• Exposure or training in application containerization technologies.
• Application security methodologies
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: