Admissions AssistantPosting Number:
External - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment Type:
Full-TimeBenefits Available :
YesNature of Work:
This position involves advanced data entry work which primarily involves processing student applications, receiving and processing academic records, and creating and maintaining banner files for all applicants. The work is performed independently under general supervision of the Assistant Director of Admissions Operations. Evening and weekend work will be necessary during time periods prior to and immediately following the start of each academic term.Essential Duties :
- Receives and codes applications for admission; inputs application, testing, and academic transcript data into student information system; creates admission accounts for new applicants and updates existing accounts for readmission applicants.
- Scans and indexes supporting admissions documents into the student information system; updates status of application account.
- Maintains and reconciles admission accounts; this includes auditing, merging, and purging files.
- Attend online and regionally-based training pertaining to system-wide software updates and usage.
- Provides guidance to colleagues and student assistants when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree and considerable experience in advanced data entry work; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and skill in operating a computer within a Windows-based environment.
- Ability to: exercise appropriate judgment in interpreting admission policies and guidelines; maintain strict confidentiality of student records and files; organize, prioritize, and complete tasks without prompting; establish and maintain effective working relationships across campus colleagues.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle background check
- Familiarity with student information systems and supporting software systems, specifically Banner, Extender, and Argos.
- Sound knowledge of admission policies and regulations.
- Experience working in a higher education environment
8-5Special Instructions to Applicants:
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information:
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date:
03/03/2021Open Until Filled: