Digital Marketing Specialist
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-05
JOB TITLEDigital Marketing SpecialistLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEMarketing Technology & MetricsDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe Digital Marketing Specialist in University Marketing Communications is responsible for supporting digital marketing efforts (Search Engine Marketing, Paid Social Advertising and Search Engine Optimization,) and assisting with campaign analytics. The main focus of the Digital Marketing Specialist will be to conduct keyword research and analysis, assist in building advertising content, define audience targeting and build the campaigns across various channels. In addition, by working closely with the other members of the Marketing Operations and Marketing & Creative Strategy teams, and campus partners, the Digital Marketing Specialist will assist in regular review and optimization of digital marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketing Specialist will operationally support all digital initiatives and work with a cross-functional team to project manage the campaign building process. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing audience targeting, ad testing, analysis, reporting across digital platforms as well as an understanding of SEO principles and best practices.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing manager to implement SEM and Paid Social campaigns (including Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Assist digital marketing campaign strategy with keyword research, target refinement and segmentation, digital visibility, etc.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional marketing team to build and execute digital campaigns
- Assist in campaign performance tracking and reporting
- Assist in creating reports using a variety of platforms including: Google Marketing Platform, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,
- Assist with the set up and optimization of ad campaigns (Adwords, Facebook) to drive high engagement and conversions
- Assist with the implementation of SEO strategies across the network of WPI supported properties
SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Research and inform campaign targeting and target Keywords
- Build, launch and continually track SEM campaigns
- Make changes to optimize campaigns as needed
- Test campaign components to optimize conversion performance
- Interpret reporting on performance and make improvement recommendations
- Build retargeting campaigns to increase audience engagement and conversion
Paid Social Media Advertising
- Assist in identifying campaign audience targeting and definition
- Work with the Digital Media Manager to identify the best applications and avenues for campaign implementation
- Provide support with campaign tracking URLs as needed
- Assist with setting up campaigns and conversion tracking
- Set up testing to provide analysis and insight on content performance
Search Engine Optimization
- Perform topical research and competitive analysis to create content optimization strategy for new and existing content and tweak with feedback from the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Assist in setting up SEO for new content launch including keyword research, writing title tags and meta descriptions, and QAing site for SEO best practices.
- Review, modify and update website pages by focusing on SEO components like meta data, body content, keyword density, etc. by collaborating with content owners and experts across the division.
- Assist in using Google Analytics and other data to track performance of SEM and Paid Social campaigns
- Set up campaign tracking URLs using UTM parameters
- Share and interpret web traffic reports with partners
- Assist with the scheduling, set up and performance tracking of A/B tests (Google Optimize, CrazyEgg)
- 1-3 years of experience working and collaborating within a cross functional team
- 2-3 years relevant digital marketing experience
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while being able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Strong desire to learn, grow, and excel at all times
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Passion for digital and driven by curiosity
- Strong grasp of the digital marketing fundamentals and methodologies
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Has had experience with tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Insights, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads etc.
- Good understanding of and experience using social media advertising platforms
- Experience in SEM, PPC, display, Facebook ads is strongly preferred
- Basic SEO concepts, or have experience in SEO
- Be team-oriented, creative, resourceful, and an excellent communicator
- Prior experience working in an agency-like environment a plus
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.FLSA STATUSUnited States of America (Exempt)WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.