Adjunct Faculty - Baker School of Business - Management and Entrepreneurship
Job no: 495981
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Categories: Baker School of Business
Job Responsibilities:The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is currently accepting applications in the Baker School of Business, Department of Management and Entrepreneurship to establish a pool for adjunct faculty assignments. Adjunct assignments may be temporary, part-time and/or on-call and may be immediate or as needed. This job posting is not for a specific assignment or for a full-time faculty position, but rather for a pool of candidates who may be considered for part-time teaching or allied faculty assignments. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with high-quality adjunct, part-time faculty members who share in the Citadel commitment to develop principled leaders in business.
There are main programs where adjunct faculty may be employed to teach classes:
- Our traditional undergraduate program, which features face-to-face classes to the South Carolina Corps of Cadets
- Our part time undergraduate degree completion program, which are primarily working adults earning Bachelor’s degrees, mostly through online classes.
- To teach at the undergraduate level, applicants must have a minimum of a Master's degree from an AACSB-Accredited Institution in the appropriate business discipline or in a closely related field.
- Be able to teach in-person classes, on campus in Charleston, SC.
- Complete Citadel instructor training and follow rules and regulations set by The Citadel Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Learning and Distance Education (CEITL&DE).
Preference is given to applicants who meet AACSB Qualifications as a Scholarly Academic, Practice Academic, Scholarly Practitioner, or Instructional Practitioner. Evidence of previous effective teaching experience is required. Official transcripts indicating education level and background check are required prior to employment.
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Al Lovvorn by phone at: 843-953-4829 or by email at [email protected].
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled.
Advertised: Mar 05 2021 Eastern Standard Time