1. Ensure the bus is in good working condition and fueled prior to scheduled trips.
2. Ensure the keys and gas card(s) are obtained during normal working hours.
3. Check in with the program administrator to coordinate the time to depart and route to be taken.
4. Provide assistance, as needed, with the loading/unloading of luggage, equipment, etc.
5. Keep a record of miles driven and hours worked for the time sheet. All hours driven must be submitted to the program administrator on the next available business day after the trip is completed.
6. Act and dress in a professional manner, must be neat and clean at all times during the trip.
7. Operate all equipment in a legal, safe manner, free of impairment due to drug and/or alcohol use; must adhere to the College policy on substance/alcohol abuse.
8. Be watchful for warning signs of a mechanical problem and report it immediately to the program administrator. This person will contact the Director of Facilities or designee for instruction when repairs are needed or another vehicle must be rented. If no one can be reached, the program administrator will make the decision.
9. Ensure the safety of all passengers under the care of the College.
10. Report any maintenance issues to the Director of Facilities or designee and ensure the vehicle is fueled at the conclusion of the trip.
11. Perform other duties as requested.
1. $25 per driving hour
2. Hotel room charge (no incidentals) if overnight stay is required
This position is subject to pre-employment, post accident and random drug testing.
This is a part-time position working on an as needed basis.
1. Valid CDL License
2. Clean MVR
3. Previous driving experience
4. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, sit for long periods of time and have good verbal communication skills.
It shall be a condition of employment with any institution of the University System of Georgia to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the result of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
• A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years. Institutions may require state and federal criminal history check covering more than the minimum of seven (7) years for specified positions of trust;
• A nationwide sex offender search;
• A social security number check;
• For all professional, faculty and academic positions, an academic credentials check; and
• For all positions with access to or responsibility for money and/or a Purchase Card, a credit check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Web site
- * Do you have a valid CDL?
- * How many years of commercial driving experience do you have?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you ever been convicted or are any charges now pending against you by Federal, State, or other law-enforcementauthorities, for any violation of any federal law, state law, county or municipal law, regulation, or ordinance? (Do not includeanything that happened before your sixteenth birthday. Do not include minor traffic violations for which a fine of $35.00 or lesswas imposed. All other convictions must be included even if they were pardoned.)
- * If you answered "YES" to the previous question regarding criminal charges or convictions, please state the REASON convicted, the DATE convicted and the PLACE where convicted.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required DocumentsRequired Documents