Posting Number: SRGV4931
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
To perform professional accounting work in specific assigned area. Responsibilities include the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, applicable guidelines and accounting knowledge and abilities in the preparation of a variety of regular and special financial reports and statements.
Description of Duties:
• Performs specific accounting tasks toward completion.
• Prepares various schedules and statements for the university.
• Performs statistical analysis to determine trends, estimates, and the impacts of accounting changes to accounting policies.
• May review and supervise the work of junior level accountants.
• Prepares narrative reports that summarize and interpret current and projected financial position for management.
• Reviews and develops accounting procedures pertaining to area assigned.
• Prepares and maintains financial records, ledgers, statements, and reports pertaining to a wide array of University business affairs.
• Maintains and reconciles state, federal, and University reports.
• Reviews and approves expenditures, monitors University accounts, reconciles receipts and accounts.
• Assists in the preparation of budgets and budget analysis.
• May refer delinquent accounts to collection agencies.
• Maintains liaison with credit agencies/bureaus.
• Keeps up to date with accounting principles and any other federal, state, UT System or applicable accounting changes.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Management or related field from an accredited University.
Two (2) years’ of accounting experience.
The above required experience acquired in Higher Education.
Personal computer and related spreadsheet and database software. Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/29/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27627
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency