Executive Director Undergraduate Admissions
Requisition Number S682P
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management. Leads the development, implementation, and assessment of new student enrollment. Leads the development and implement of the annual strategic plan designed to achieve robust and diverse enrollment of new freshmen and transfer students.
- Provides visionary leadership to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by developing, executing, and assessing a strategic recruitment plan, to include but not limited to the development and execution of qualified lead generation strategies, robust communication plan and a multi-channel communication strategy, the commitment to the recruitment of diverse student populations, assessment of enrollment funnel yield activities, exceptional and comprehensive visit experience programs, maintaining market share and development of new markets, and collaboration with other departments such as academics colleges, alumni, outreach to advance recruitment efforts.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive recruitment plan and strategy that is designed to meet annual recruitment goals while collaborating with the Vice President for Enrollment and key stakeholders. Develops annual comprehensive recruitment strategies for Auburn’s undergraduate markets, working collaboratively with both administrative and academic departments as well as leadership to ensure optimal enrollment while maintaining Auburn’s strong academic profile.
- Directs the operations of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions including new student recruitment, freshmen and transfer admissions, the visitation experience, the recruitment Customer relationship management (CRM) Slate, enrollment processing, and the strategic enrollment communications. Recruits, selects, hires, trains, develops, and provides leadership and direction to the undergraduate admissions team necessary to implement department enrollment goals of recruiting and enrolling new freshmen and transfer students.
- Serves as a primary liaison for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to Associate Deans within academic colleges and departments. Fosters collaborative, consultative, and meaningful partnerships between the Office of Admissions and other constituents.
- Provides budget development, management, and monitoring for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Represents the Office of Admissions and the Division of Enrollment Management on University committees, task forces, and special assignments.
- Ensures functions within the Office of Admissions adhere to institutional policies, federal and state regulations along with meeting established enrollment best practices established by NACAC.
- Maximizes the use of technology in all operational and strategic aspects of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, and remains current on emerging technologies, innovative management tools, and admissions best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
- Masters degree from an accredited institution
- Degree in Higher Education Administration, Educational Administration, Communications or related field.
- Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
- 8 years of experience
Area of Experience
Experience in higher education administration, student recruiting, and/or enrollment management services reflecting progressively increasing levels of responsibility and accountability. Must include at least five years of experience in undergraduate admissions management which must include supervision of full-time employees, budget, and policies and procedures in a higher education environment.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of state and federal laws and policies as related to residency requirements and records retention to include Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Salary Range: $78,900 - $131,600
Quick Link: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/21613
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.