Employee Relations Specialist, Department of Human Resources Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsEmployee Relations Specialist, Department of Human Resources - Georgetown University
Georgetown University's Department of Human Resources
is committed to upholding Georgetown University's reputation as a global leader in academics and research. We take a proactive role in creating an environment that respects the whole person. As a strategic partner with the University community, we offer exemplary service and implement innovative solutions that enable the University to attract, retain, develop and reward a diverse, world-class workforce and empower employees to maximize their potential.
The Employee Relations Specialist
conducts incident and disciplinary investigations and departmental administrative reviews, and reviews and accesses witness reports, incident reports, statements, and other workplace reports and findings submitted by departments, managers or staff to determine if policy violations have occurred. They also draft and issue reports with official findings and proposed solutions to resolve employee relations matter.
Reporting to the University Director for Employee Relations and Engagement, the Employee Relations Specialist
has duties that include but are not limited to:Investigations and Reports
Employee Relations and Engagement
- Conducts investigations in response to complaints involving reported employee workplace behavior issues which may result in progressive discipline.
- Draft investigative reports based on findings relating to workplace behavior.
- Leads and/or assists and provides guidance to departmental investigators engaged in incident investigations.
- Review departmental investigation reports into workplace behavior which could lead to progressive discipline and make recommendations based on findings.
- Handle grievances filed under the HR Dispute Resolution Policy and/or applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement and present findings.
- Provide guidance to employees, business partners, and stakeholders regarding employee relations issues and policy interpretation and application.
- Work with HR staff and business partners to address existing or potential employee relations issues.
- Work with HR staff and University business partners including, but not limited to, IDEAA, the Office of General Counsel, Internal Audit and others on employee relations matters - e.g., behavioral issues, layoffs, disciplinary actions, layoffs, and policy application and enforcement.
Creates and conducts comprehensive live and electronic training for University employees, department managers, and divisions on matters related to employee relations, progressive discipline and performance management. Committee Participation
Serves on relevant University committees, representing HR as determined by the Director.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate specialization
- 3 to 6 years of relevant HR or relevant and applicable work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the application of HR policies and practices
- Knowledge of HR policies, labor relations law and practice, state and federal wage and hour laws, and the FLSA
- Strong investigatory skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with various levels of management
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to relate to a culturally diverse university community
- Ability to work well under stressful conditions
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Master's degree in a related field
- Higher education work experience
- Familiarity with Workday (Human Capital Management software)
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/2115-Wisconsin-Avenue/Employee-Relations-Specialist--Department-of-Human-Resources---Georgetown-University_JR09904
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency