Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224200
Job Information Job ID: 224200
- All scholarly, research and section activities will be reported annually on the Educator’s Portfolio and Faculty Evaluation Forms.
- Obtain resident/fellow evaluations of 5-6 on the rating scale.
- Give didactic lectures to the residents / fellows
- Teach residents/fellows in the outpatient clinic setting.
For one half day research/academic day per week (10% protected time) you are expected to:
- Cover 10% of salary with extramural grant funding in year 4. If this goal is not met,
the amount of protected time for research may be reduced with a commensurate increase
in clinical responsibilities in order to maintain your level of compensation.
- Develop and serve as principal investigator for investigator-initiated clinical trials in radiation/oncology.
- Participate in state-of-the-art Phase II/III clinical trials.
- Collaborate with other faculty in the center and help in scientific paper writing.
- Collect and analyze data and present at national conferences.
- Increase access to clinic
- Reduce patient wait times for new and established patients
- Increase patient volume
- Decrease dependence on the assistance from ROA physicians
- Ultimately ease ROA physicians out
- Get a lion share of VAMC radiation oncology business
- Meet quality standards established by the Health System
- Patient satisfaction scores will reach or exceed benchmark
- Revenue/Expense reports will be reviewed quarterly.
- Quarterly review of productivity with the Interim Chair, Dept. of Radiation Oncology
- Patient Satisfaction Scores will reach or exceed benchmark.
- Clinical productivity will be measured by wRVU’s based on CFTE and adjusted wRVU benchmark.
Required Education- M.D., completed 4-year residency in Radiation Oncology
Discipline: Radiation Oncology
The applicants should be ABR board certified/eligible in Raditation Onology
Georgia medical licence and DEAPreferred Qualifications
PhD in addition to MD, maintained board certification in Radiation Oncology with two years of combined clinical, educational, and research experienceAbout Us Facility and Equipment:Georgia Cancer Center houses extensive state-of-the-art core facilities, with a focus on genomics, proteomics and molecular medicine. Cancer research focus is in the areas of molecular oncology and biomarkers, signaling and angiogenesis, cancer immunotherapy, inflammation and tolerance cancer prevention and control. Clinical research is conducted through the excellent Cancer Center translational research infrastructure that includes the minority based NCORP grant, Cooperative group trials, investigator-initiated trials and the Phase I and II clinical research programs. Opportunities for research collaboration with basic and clinical researchers are available. The Georgia Cancer Center Radiation Therapy facility houses four linear accelerators, including an Edge SRT/SBRT unit, a computed tomography machine (CT), and a position emission computed tomography machine (PET/CT).Augusta University is a world-class academic medical center, offering the most comprehensive primary, specialty and subspecialty care in Augusta, Georgia, serving Richmond, Columbia and Aiken counties. The Georgia Cancer Center has ambitious plans for growth in basic, translational and clinical cancer research. The campus offers excellent core facilities including cell and small animal imaging, transgenic and knockout animals, and proteomics and genomics. Augusta, Georgia, is the second largest city in Georgia and is home to the annual Masters Golf Tournament. Augusta has been ranked among the top cities for economic performance and for families. Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.