Senior Manager Enterprise Service Desk
Department: Information Technology
Pay Grade: 13 ($62,842 - $84,283)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for overseeing the design, implementation and operations of technologies used by faculty, staff, and students to include the overall operation of all technology in offices, smart classrooms, computer, and specialized labs. This position reports to the Director of Network and Technology Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise all full-time, part-time and student Enterprise Service Desk employees.
- Maintain all technology (hardware/software) associated with employee offices. classrooms, computer labs, specialty labs, and student loaned devices.
- Plan, design and implement new technologies and layouts for labs and smart classrooms.
- Evaluate technology needs of faculty, staff, and students; recommend and implement approved solutions.
- Train new Enterprise Service Desk staff and works with existing staff, as needed.
- Coordinate training and support for employees using technology both on-campus and virtually.
- Provide advanced level technology support for the Enterprise Service Desk.
- Manage production of large- and small-scale color printing for all areas of the college and the print requests for the digital fabrication lab.
- Establish and implement standards and guidelines for the control, maintenance, replacement and secure operations of classrooms, lab, and meeting spaces.
- Document all processes, communicates changes, and maintains procedures for the Enterprise Service Desk.
- Recommend upgrades and software changes necessary to keep up-to-date technology and maintain software license compliance.
- Manage the college’s technology inventory and loaning of equipment for student instruction and employee use.
- Develop and track metrics relating to Service Desk KPI’s.
- Participate in the development of operating and project budgets.
- Work directly with the Senior Manager Enterprise Information Security & Technology Infrastructure to ensure the college’s cybersecurity standards have been incorporated in employee and student technology.
- Review status reports of team members across projects and address issues as appropriate.
- Serve as member of TAG.
- Attend vendor training sessions and user’s group meetings; continually refresh knowledge standards and trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in the Information Technology Field or Associate degree plus 7 years of experience in the Information Technology Field. Experience working in higher education, coordinating technical staff, and industry related certifications preferred (ITIL, Microsoft, ACSP).
Technical experience must include operations and integration of computer software and systems including desktop and server operating systems, imaging, productivity software, network, and digital fabrication technology.
Excellent time management, communication, organizational, customer service, and critical thinking skills with experience in problem resolution.
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/up to 30 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus: Dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and response to changing goals, priorities and needs. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms. Direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a College vehicle.
This position will be placed on the 12-month grade 13 College salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package which can be found at:
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with minimum salary requirement emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Carroll Community College, Human Resources – Rm. A138, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
The deadline for applicant email submission is March 19, 2021 or postmarked by same date if submitted via U.S. mail.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus and/or remotely as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS: The College pays one-half of reasonable travel expenses for the first visit and pays the entire cost of travel for the second visit. The College does not pay relocation expenses. However, following a one-year probationary period, year-to-year contracts are provided until three years of satisfactory service are completed, after which time 3-year contracts are provided.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.