Student Financial Aid Loan Coordinator & Counselor
Job Title: Student Financial Aid Loan Coordinator & Counselor
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224731
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.Job Summary
The Financial Aid Counselor will be responsible for administering and coordinating financial aid loan programs under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid. Performs functions related to the technical and functional student loan and private loan programs for all students. This position will handle sensitive information in compliance with financial aid rules and regulations. This position will determine loan eligibility and communicate this information with other permissible stakeholders.
- Serves as a point of contact for current and prospective students
- Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, and indebtedness
- Individualizes information to the particular needs and situations of the student
- Uses clear and understandable communication with students, parents, and potential students regarding financial aid counseling
- Assists with the packaging of federal grants, federal loans, and scholarships to students
- Conducts verification review for selected students according to federal regulations
- Assists students and parents about financial aid awards and department’s policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with all financial aid policies, procedures and regulations when reviewing financial aid applications; exercise judgment when interpreting federal and state regulations for specific student situations
- Maintains professional connections in state and national financial aid organizations
- Participates with presentations of financial aid related issues
- Assists the director of financial aid in reviews and reports to ensure compliance of department with regulations
- Assists team members when necessary to enable the success of the department.
- Knowledge of Federal Title IV awards and regulations as well as FERPA. Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree is required from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of two years of financial aid experience Knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulationsExperience in utilizing the BANNER Financial Aid Module
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Experience in financial aid with Banner, COD and NSLDS
- Knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations and ability to understand complex processes
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Flexibility to work evenings and/ or weekends
- Dependable; possess excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills; detail oriented and take pride in quality of work
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong sense of ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality of private personal and business information
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036