ASHS - Assistant/Associate Professor Physical Therapy
- A.T. Still University
- Mesa, AZ
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Allied Health, Medicine
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences (ATSU-ASHS) located on the Mesa, Arizona campus is pleased to announce an open exempt faculty position at the assistant or associate professor level in the residential Doctor of Physical Therapy program. The ideal candidate will have university teaching experience and will enhance the department’s teaching and scholarship in their area of expertise. Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include teaching, scholarship, academic and research advising, and service. Candidates must interact collegially with current faculty members and demonstrate willingness to work collaboratively with all ATSU employees. Additionally, they must be able to interact well with entry-level DPT students. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Earned terminal doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent academic doctoral degree)
- Teaching experience in a doctoral physical therapy program
- A defined area of scholarly interest
- Actively involved in the physical therapy profession
- Interest in teaching and mentoring in one of our ABPTRFE accredited residency programs
- Interest in clinical practice in the pro bono Center for Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Licensed or eligible for physical therapy licensure in Arizona
- 5 years of clinical practice
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Doctoral degree (DPT, Ph.D. or equivalent academic doctoral degree)
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and entry-level DPT students
- Expertise in any of the following: cardiopulmonary, acute care physical therapy, neuroscience, neurological rehabilitation
The physical therapy department offers doctoral degrees in physical therapy (entry level and
post-professional), supports both a neurological residency and an orthopedic residency, and hosts multiple CEU courses annually. The current entry-level curriculum is well-developed and produces clinically strong graduates.
ATSU Mesa Campus Interdisciplinary Research Lab: The Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory is a 3,000 square-foot facility with an expanded offering of research equipment and opportunities to study neuromuscular, metabolic, and cognitive function. The Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory houses the following resources:
- MiniSim™ driving simulator system with Logitech™ G27steering wheel/pedals/shifter and instrument button boxes for control of equipment (i.e., wipers, light, mirrors)
- 12-camera Vicon™ Motion Analysis System with Motion Monitor™ software and high performance computer to capture kinematic data
- In-floor Kistler 9286 AA Slimline Force Plate
- A NeuroCom® Smart Balance Master with a long forceplate and the Dynavision system
- A pair of RealEyesTM binocular XDVR video goggles and camera
- LigMaster computerized stress device, available for assessment of ankle, knee, elbow, and glenohumeral joint force-displacement characteristics
- Biometrics electrogoniometers from Motion Lab Systems
- GAITRite® gait analysis system
- Parvo® metabolic system with ECG, CosMed® portable metabolic system, treadmill, Lode electronically braked adult and pediatric cycle ergometers, Monark cycle ergometer, blood draw chair, and YSI Glucose/Lactate analyzer system.
Research Support: The ATSU Sponsored Programs office provides extensive research support for acquiring external research funding, from pre-award assistance in finding an appropriate funding opportunity and developing the award application, to post-award assistance and grants management. Additionally, ATSU offers a number of internal competitive grant awards to support faculty, interns, fellows, and students in launching pilot studies that will better prepare them to undertake larger, external grant funding.
A.T. Still University Center for Occupational and Physical Therapy: A teaching center for ATSU’s occupational and physical therapy students that offers pro bono treatment services under the supervision of faculty for a wide variety of conditions http://atsu.edu/ot-pt-center
Residency Education: Faculty with board specialty certifications in orthopedic or neurologic rehabilitation are involved with teaching, mentorship, and continuing education offerings in our accredited residency programs.
Interested applicants should: Complete an ATSU employment application and send a cover letter, curriculum vita, names and contact information of three professional references to the attention of:
Virginia Little, PT, PhD
Board-Certified Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy Faculty Search Committee Chair
AT Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences
5850 East Still Circle
Mesa, Arizona 85206
Phone: 480 219-6078
Email: [email protected]
Inquiries about the position may also be directed to:
Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
ATSU is a fully-accredited graduate health professions institution. As the founding school of Osteopathic Medicine, ATSU is committed to the integration of body, mind and spirit. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.atsu.edu.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is the founding institution of osteopathic healthcare, established in 1892 by Andrew Taylor Still. As a leading health sciences university, ATSU is comprised of two campuses (Kirksville, Mo., and Mesa, Ariz.) on more than 200 acres with six prestigious schools. The culturally rich learning environments include residential and online healthcare related graduate degrees as well as community-based partnerships worldwide. ATSU has more than 1,300 employees dedicated to its not-for-profit mission and an average annual enrollment of over 3,100 students from 35 countries.
ATSU is renowned for its preeminence as a multidisciplinary healthcare educator. The University is focused on integrating the founding tenets of osteopathic medicine and the advancing knowledge of today's science. ATSU continually earns distinctions as the graduate health sciences university with best-in-class curriculum and a community outreach mission to serve the underserved. The University has a rich history of leadership in both healthcare education and correlated research.
ATSU instills within students the compassion, experience and knowledge required to address the whole person and shape healthcare in communities where needs are greatest. Inspired to influence whole person healthcare, ATSU graduates contribute to the future of integrated care while also leading with a selfless passion in the communities they serve.
5850 E. Still Circle
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert