Administrative Coordinator, Office of Student Affairs
Job location: Smilow Center-6TH Floor
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-04
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleAdministrative Coordinator, Office of Student AffairsJob Profile TitleCoordinator, ProgramJob Description SummaryThis position reports to the Director of the Office of Student Affairs and works closely with the Associate Dean for Student Success and Professional Development, the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and the Student Affairs Coordinator. The position provides administrative support mainly to the Associate Dean for Student Success and Professional Development, including calendar and schedule management, support for medical student transition events, and support for faculty professional development. This person will coordinate and organize programming for the Advisory Deans and House System, including coordination of mentoring and shadowing programs. This position will also coordinate curricular and professional developmental events. This position will be responsible for maintaining a website and database for career counseling, shadowing opportunities and student progression.Job Description
- Coordinate pre-clinical and clinical tutoring and coaching program including faculty coaching and peer tutoring.
- Coordinate trainings with Weingarten Learning Instructors for current tutors/advisors.
- Provide administrative, technology and project support for the daily activities of the Associate Dean for Student Success
- Scheduling faculty/student meetings and managing calendar
- Scheduling trainings for career advisors, Advisory Deans
- Assist with development and management of a career mentoring and advising system
- Organize career counseling events such as lunch talks, website, activities fair, and utilize the AAMC Careers in Medicine Curriculum.
- Organize career focused transition events (Mod 5 scheduling, Prep for Residency)
- Oversee online database for clinical interest group and residency specialty advisors.
- Provide administrative support for four Houses
- Advise student leaders on program development and event planning.
- Develop programs to facilitate peer mentoring and student faculty interaction.
- Facilitate participation of Master Clinicians in House activities.
- Promote expansion and growth of the houses.
- Maintain the MD Program Website with up-to-date information.
- Maintain graduating class CANVAS pages
- Assist the Office of Student Affairs in the planning and execution of transitional and major events such as Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, Parents and Partners, Pre-Clerkship Week, Match Day, and Graduation Awards.
- Assist in the creation of the Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPE) as necessary.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 2 to 3 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolPerelman School of MedicinePay Range$23.60 - $42.48Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.