Online Adjunct Professor - DNP Program
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor - DNP ProgramDoes this position require driving?:
Sondra ReevesContact Email:
The Liberty University Doctor of Nursing Practice Program online faculty will facilitate learning through online course instruction to students enrolled in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program online courses. Duties include but are not limited to: tracking student attendance, facilitating instruction and grading assignments, supporting students within regards to answering questions or providing course guidance and maintaining an interactive, collaborative online learning environment.
This faculty member will teach online courses depending on education and credentials.
A) Facilitate online courses, including tracking attendance, providing student support, grading assignments, managing discussion boards and supporting an interactive,
collaborative learning environment.
B) Complete annual required self-evaluations continued education requirements for online learning/education.
C) Complete bi-weekly check-in requirements for LUO faculty.
D) Additional duties as assigned.
- Must have a doctorate from an accredited nursing program
- Must have valid RN license without encumbrances from one of the 50 US states.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard/Canvas or similar LMS and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain nursing licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
Blackboard/Canvas or similar LMS experience
Online teaching experience
Work Hours 10-20 hours per week for each course taught.Posting Date:
03/04/2021Special Instructions for Applicants:
Proof of RN license and applicable certifications need to be uploaded along with submission of application.Quicklink: