Online Adjunct Professor - PMHNP Program (Doctoral Nursing)
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor - PMHNP Program (Doctoral Nursing)Does this position require driving?:
Sondra ReevesContact Email:
The Liberty University Doctor of Nursing Practice Program online or residential adjunct faculty will facilitate learning through online course instruction to students enrolled in the Doctor of Nursing Practice Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Program or Post Graduate (PMHNP) Certificate program online courses or practicum. Duties include but are not limited to: tracking student attendance, facilitating instruction and grading assignments, supporting students within regards to answering questions or providing course guidance and maintaining an interactive, collaborative online learning environment.
A Practicum Faculty will serve as the primary practicum resource for designated students enrolled in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Practicum Courses. The Practicum Faculty role is to supply indirect practicum supervision of PMHNP students in collaboration with the Preceptor’s teaching, serve as a liaison to a community agency and preceptor, and to evaluate student practicum progress. In addition, this faculty member may teach online didactic courses depending on education and credentials.
• Facilitate online courses, including tracking attendance, providing student support, grading assignments, and managing discussion boards and supporting an interactive, collaborative learning environment, which may include synchronous WebEx sessions.
• Complete annual required self-evaluations and continued education requirements for online/residential learning/education.
• Complete weekly check-in requirements for LUO faculty.
• Additional duties as assigned.
If a candidate is also interested in PMHNP practicum supervision as an adjunct faculty member the following responsibilities will apply:
• Collaborates with the PMHNP Program Director, Practicum Coordinator and ultimately, the Chair of Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs, to support the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner /Doctor of Nursing Practice or Certificate Program, PMHNP Practicum Courses.
• Provides indirect practicum supervision to designated students, consistent with the learning objectives that include advising, supervising, and evaluating PMHNP students. This also includes grading assignments and using Typhon student tracking system.
• Serves as the primary liaison on behalf of Liberty University School of Nursing between the Practicum Preceptor and Practicum Course Lead Faculty/or PMHNP Program Director.
• Conducts evaluation of designated practicum students in the practicum setting at least once during each practicum course
• Maintains communication with preceptor several times during the semester/term, more as designated for assigned students in order to evaluate the practicum site and preceptor abilities to meet practicum requirements and student learning objectives and performance.
7) Additional duties as assigned.
• DNP, Ph.D. in nursing or related field or Ed.D
• Current and unencumbered Registered Nurse License in the state of Virginia
• Current and unencumbered Advanced Practice Registered Nurse -Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner License in the state of Virginia
• Candidate will be professional with excellent personal communication and computer skills.
• National Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner from the ANCC.
• Current clinical practice including direct patient care in the role of PMHNP.
• Five years of experience as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner in a direct-care setting.
• Current certification in American Heart Association CPR for Healthcare Provider with AED.
• Experience in online education for doctoral nursing students.
• Experience in practicum supervision. • Proficient using the following technologies: Blackboard; Microsoft Office Outlook, Office 365; Microsoft Teams, Typhon; Shadow Health, Skype for Business; Cisco WebEx or Jabber; SafeAssign; Adobe Acrobat; Crocodoc; and GradeAssist.
10-20 hours per week per coursePosting Date:
03/04/2021Special Instructions for Applicants:
Proof of APRN license and applicable certifications need to be uploaded along with submission of application.Quicklink: