Adjunct Professor - Graphic Design
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Adjunct Professor - Graphic DesignDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
Teaching online undergraduate and graduate Studio and Digital Arts classes in Graphic Design, Animation, or Design Foundations; online faculty must have regular access to and familiarity with the Internet/e-mail.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
An MFA with three years or more of full-time online teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels, or equivalent, and a strong record of professional achievement. For animation instructors, a minimum of 18 graduate hours in 2D and/or 3D Animation coursework, knowledgeable in Autodesk Maya or other animation/3D modeling software, with 4-5 years animation experience, strong general knowledge of modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting and animating. Knowledge of the design process and storyboarding. Additional experience with online course development and instruction. Faculty members are expected to maintain professional and creative development. A link to your portfolio should be included on your resume/curriculum vitae.
- History of Publication in academic or trade journals.
- Existing research agenda.
03/04/2021Special Instructions for Applicants:
NOTE: A link to your portfolio should be included on your resume/curriculum vitae
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview.
In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member.
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact the Faculty Hiring Office at [email protected]Quicklink: