Humanities Instructor (Religious Studies)
Oakland Community College is seeking a full-time Religion faculty member who will participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses, and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of students and support the advancement of the strategic plan of the College.
- This position includes teaching opportunities on multiple campuses (Southeast and Orchard Ridge) and may include day and evening classes in multiple delivery modalities. Classes currently offered are HUM 1710 (World Religions) and HUM 2720 (Bible) with the opportunity to develop additional religion courses.
- Faculty member will be expected to perform other duties consistent with faculty job description as stated in the Faculty Master Agreement, such as participating in curriculum development, assessment of student learning, shared governance, and ongoing professional development.
- Experience in actively engaging students to meet learning outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to provide instruction in face to face and virtual learning environments.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to new forms of technology.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of the role of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in a community college environment.
- Experience with curriculum development.
- Demonstrates leadership in an academic setting, including the ability to participate in the work of the department and the College.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: Master's Degree or higher in Religion, Religious Studies, World Religions, or Comparative Religion
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years' experience teaching at Higher Education level
For consideration, all applicants must complete and submit an online application accompanied by:
- cover letter
- current resume
- list of three references with contact information
- copies of transcripts for all conferred degrees