Open Rank: Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor - Neurohospitalist
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Neurology Neurohospitalist
Open Rank: Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor
Position #00691875 – Requisition #20163
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neurology has an opening for a full-time Open Rank: Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor - Neurohospitalist position. Nature of Work:
- This position will provide clinical care for patients with general neurological disorders, primarily in the inpatient service. The position will include clinical, research, service and teaching. Clinical responsibilities include participation in the outpatient general neurology clinic, 18-24 weeks of inpatient service to divided between neurocritical care and general neurology.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Inpatient evaluation of children with Neurological Disorders, including a maximum of 10 weekends and 48 weeknights of call per year (no more than 24 weeks of combined inpatient service). There may be requests to provide weekend coverage of South Campus.
- Outpatient evaluations of children (3 one half day clinic per week when not on inpatient service). These clinics will occur at Children's Hospital of Colorado Main Campus, and may include hospital follow-up clinics, urgent access clinics. The specific type and location of clinic sessions may vary based on the Section's needs, including participation in quarterly regional satellite clinics.
- On-going follow-up care both in clinic and by phone, for neurology patients.
- Participation in the inpatient service initiatives.
- Collaboration of patient care with staff neurologists as appropriate.
- Teaching clinical care concepts to NP's, PA's, Residents and RNs.
- Your duties in this faculty position will include teaching, clinical, scholarly and service responsibilities.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The salary ranges (or hiring ranges
) for this position has been established at:
- Instructor: $160,000 to $180,000
- Assistant Professor: $165,000 to $190,000
- Associate Professor: $205,000 to $215,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Assistant Professor0-6 years of clinical experience, interest in pursuing academic promotionAssociate Professor6 or more years of clinical experiencePrior experience with program development, teaching or researchExamples of scholarshipConditions of Employment:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic
- Board Eligibility in Neurology with a Special Competence in Child Neurology
- Training in critical care preferred but not required
- DEA certificate
- Ability to obtain CO medical license
- 0-3 years of clinical experience (after training completed)
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Board Certified in Neurology with a Special Competence in Child Neurology
- Current DEA
- Training in Neuro-critical care
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Willing to collaborate with the medical team to provide the highest quality of care to patients and their families.
- Ability to diagnose and treat patients with neurological diagnoses.
- Knowledge and desire to specialize in inpatient diagnoses and treatment.
Mar 3, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University