Adjuncts (Open Pool)
Adjuncts (Open Pool)
Fort Myers, FL
Adjunct faculty for the following programs of study in Computer Information Technology, Cybersecurity and Networking, Software Development, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Services Administration, Modern Marketing and Branding, Information Systems, Public Administration, Paralegal Studies, Criminal Justice, Legal Studies, Applied Psychology, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Digital Design & Graphics, Health Sciences, Physical Therapist Assistant, Nursing, Dental Hygiene.
• Faculty - School of Technology - Computer Information Technology
• Faculty - School of Technology - Cybersecurity and Networking
• Faculty - School of Technology - Software Development
• Faculty – School of Business - Accounting
• Faculty – School of Business - Business Administration
• Faculty – School of Business - Finance
• Faculty – School of Business - Health Services Administration
• Faculty – School of Business – Management
• Faculty – School of Business - Economics
• Faculty – School of Business - Modern Marketing and Branding
• Faculty – School of Business - Information Systems
• Faculty – School of Business - Public Administration
• Faculty – School of Professional Studies - Paralegal Studies
• Faculty – School of Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
• Faculty – School of Professional Studies - Legal Studies
• Faculty – School of Professional Studies - Applied Psychology
• Faculty - School of General Studies- English (Development, Composition, Professional, Technical Writing)
• Faculty - School of General Studies - Religious Studies and Theology
• Faculty - School of General Studies - Sociology
• Faculty - School of General Studies - Philosophy and Ethics
• Faculty - School of General Studies - American Government
• Faculty- School of General Studies - Mathematics College Math to Statistics
• Faculty – School of Professional Studies - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
• Faculty – School of Technology - Digital Design & Graphics
• Faculty – School of General Studies- Biology
• Faculty – School of Health Sciences - Physical Therapist Assistant
• Faculty – School of Health Sciences – Nursing
• Faculty – School of Health Sciences – Dental Hygiene
The vacancy pool will remain open and applicants will be contacted as the need for an adjunct instructor arises.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned classes under the supervision of the Program Director (or designee).
- Aide students in fulfilling their maximum potential in mastering course content.
- Assess student learning outcomes.
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field.
- Continue professional development.
- Utilize current technology in the performance of job duties.
- Maintain standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
- Assist with articulation and curriculum development and review.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
- A Master’s degree in the field of instruction from a regionally accredited institution is required; a Ph.D. is preferred in most cases. For Legal Studies, a J.D. is required.
- Official copies of college transcripts must be on file by the appointment date for the successful candidate selected
- For Nursing, preferred qualifications include five or more years of nursing practice experience; experience teaching in the class and clinical settings; Certification or experience in high fidelity simulation; and Experience with the development and delivery of on-line coursework.
- For Dental Hygiene, preferred qualifications include licensed Registered Dental Hygienists and/or a licensed DDS/DMD.
- Teaching experience using traditional, hybrid, and/or online methodologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, computer, and problem-solving skills.
Salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Hodges University is a private, nonprofit, regionally accredited university located in southwest Florida and primarily serves adult students. Applicants should include a cover letter clearly indicating the School and Program to which they are applying, resume with three professional references, and copies of unofficial transcripts to https://hodges.edu/employment-opportunities/. The vacancy pool will remain open and applicants will be contacted as the need for an adjunct instructor arises.
Hodges University is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under the law in its hiring practices. All offers of employment are conditioned on the successful completion of a background check and in some cases, a drug test.
Hodges Annual Security Report (Clery Act Information and Policy) and Crime Stats can be found at: http://www.hodges.edu/admissions/consumerInformation.aspx. The security report describes Hodges Annual Security Plan and the Crime Stats report lists the number and types of crimes committed on or near campus each year.