HR Assistant, Talent Support
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-03
The University of Virginia's Department of Human Resources seeks an HR Assistant, Talent Support. The Talent Support team directly supports customers in a variety of ways. As a key component of the HR Solution Center, Talent Support team members must have exceptional customer service skills and the ability to operate in a fast-paced and complex environment
Human Resources Assistants provide clerical support to a single HR professional, team of HR professionals, or a small unit. They assist with a variety of HR activities and support special projects and events related to these functions. Work is assigned at the task level. Human Resources Assistants operate under immediate supervision.
The Talent Support Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting with a variety of HR functions.
- Processing various HR materials including confidential forms and records.
- Maintaining current employee information, policy and procedure manuals, and other communications; and distribute as appropriate.
- Gathering information and prepare reports on various HR topics as needed.
- Providing logistical support for HR related activities.
- May conduct and summarize internal and external surveys to gather information for policy development and planning.
- May perform higher level duties interacting directly with employees, such as pre-employment screening, responding to routine questions on human resources policies and procedures, and or identifying potential issues.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Associate's Degree
Experience: At least one year of administrative experience.
Preference will be given to applications received by March 15, 2021. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for 'R0022477.' Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for ''R0022477,' complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the 'Resume' box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at email@example.com.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.