School of Continuing and Professional Studies, Program Director, Certificates
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-03
The University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) is seeking a Program Director, Certificates to manage and grow its portfolio of online certificates. SCPS helps working adults finish their degrees and advance their careers (Key Initiative #7 in Great and Good: The 2030 Plan). The school offers online and in-person programs, bringing high-quality, accessible, and affordable education to all Virginians.
The Program Director, Certificates provides academic, operational, and strategic leadership of SCPS’s certificate programs, ensuring the programs thrive.
Job Duties Include, but are not limited to:
1. Lead thriving certificate programs across three areas:
- Student Impact: Manage overall design, delivery, and quality of academic programs, leading to strong student outcomes. Oversee academic advising and other student supports.
- Enrollment: Develop programs with clear value propositions and broad student demand. Support Student Services and Enrollment Management to meet enrollment targets and help students successfully transition from admissions into programs.
- Financial Health: Manage programs to ensure financial health.
2. Successfully launch new certificate programs that are in-demand by learners and enhance existing certificates.
3. Provide strategic leadership for SCPS certificate programs.
4. Provide leadership for SCPS’s role in the UVA strategic plan to increase the number of working adults who earn certificates to advance their careers.
5. Demonstrate strong, values-driven leadership for faculty and staff that inspires and leads to high performance.
6. Coordinate with team and other School departments on faculty hiring and evaluation, course schedule, program approvals, program review and assessment, enrollment, and other related functions.
7. Assume other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree
- At least seven years of relevant experience
All candidates’ minimum requirements:
- Demonstrated track record of growing thriving online education programs as measured by student impact, enrollment, and financial health;
- Ability to develop long-range goals and objectives while simultaneously managing details across multiple projects and tasks;
- Demonstrated fiscal management and budget planning skills;
- Can work collaboratively with School faculty and staff, as well as University colleagues, to drive successful outcomes;
- Awareness of, respect for, and adherence to University of Virginia and SCPS policies and procedures (e.g., accreditation requirements, SCPS internal requirements, University contractual requirements, etc.).
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects using a broad range of functional skills;
- Must have the ability to work under deadlines, to adapt to changing priorities and needs;
- Software: Office 365.
- Demonstrated success launching and managing online certificate programs;
- Ability to utilize data and market trends to modify, expand, and/or retire programs based on student demand;
- Software: Student information system (SIS), customer relationship management (CRM)
This is a full-time, 40 hour, benefitted position. Start date: April 2021
The preferred location for this position is Charlottesville or Northern, Virginia; remote workplace may be considered. If remote workplace is approved, regular trips to Charlottesville, Virginia may be required.
This position may require some travel, primarily day trips within the Commonwealth, but occasional overnight travel may be required.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
**Please note ALL REQUESTED documents MUST be uploaded in the cv/resume box and you can combine documents into one PDF. Additionally, required documents will be uploaded as part of the questionnaire. ***
***Applications that do not contain all the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
Apply online at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs search for requisition #R0022295 (or through Workday for internal applicants) complete the application and attach the following:
- Cover letter addressing why you are interested in this position, how your experience has prepared you and demonstrated experience working on issues of diversity, equity and inclusion and/or working with diverse populations.
- Contact information for three references.
The selected candidate will be required to successfully pass a background check prior to their first date of employment.
For questions about the application process, please contact Nicole Robinson, Faculty Search Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn More About the University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) here: https://www.scps.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.