Full-Time Faculty: Accounting and Business
Department:: Business and Accounting
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Mar 4, 2021
Closes:: Mar 26, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 128732
POSITION: Full-Time Faculty Position: Accounting and Business; Division of Business and Professional Studies; Tenure track; Haverhill and/or Lawrence Campuses; MCCC/MTA Unit Position
Summary: The College is seeking a committed, innovative, and energetic instructor to teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of courses in the Business Administration Department starting in the fall 2021. The faculty member should be able to teach, Introduction to Accounting I & II, Intermediate Accounting I & II, Managerial Accounting, and Tax Accounting as well as other Business and Accounting courses as necessary. Courses could be taught on the Haverhill and/or Lawrence campus.
- Prepare syllabi and develop curricula to address course and program student learning outcomes.
- Serve as academic advisor to students.
- Post and maintain a minimum of four (4) office hours per week.
- Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
- Attend program, division, department, professional staff, and committee meetings.
- Recommend to the department chairperson suitable instructional material, textbooks, and library acquisitions.
- Participate in assessment of course and program learning outcomes.
- Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues and to enhance classroom learning as appropriate.
- Engage in professional development activities to maintain excellence in the discipline and in the classroom.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by the Dean consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation or related discipline
- Minimum of two (2) years of current and related business work experience in an organization at supervisory or management level position(s) in the public or private sector
- One (1) year of teaching experience at the college/university level
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body
- Community college teaching experience
- A background in tax accounting
- CPA license
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution
- Anticipated starting salary range is $45,771.00-$60,771.00 per academic year; complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
- Actual salary will be determined in accordance with classification determination of MCCC/MTA salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: August 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: March 26, 2021