Student Assistant - Accounting Services
Job Title: Student Assistant - Accounting Services
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224549
Accounting Services is hiring a talented Student Assistant professional to join its team.Under general supervision from the Director of Daily Financial Operations, the Accounting Services Student Assistant will be responsible to work with the accounting team and work collaboratively with many departments across campus.Responsibilities
- Assist with preparing and documenting payment requests.
- Assit with Accounts Payable or travel functions using PeopleSoft Financials.
- Prepare various accounting reports.
- Assist with compiling ad hoc reports and preparing journal entries.
- This position performs other duties, as assigned.
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills, advanced computer skills and the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]