Student Assistant - Operations
Job Title: Student Assistant - Operations
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224694
The Office of Operations oversees a variety of vital campus-wide services to include space management (faculty & staff office assignments, furniture replacement, space redesign and repurposing, venue booking, 25Live administration), event management (all external event rentals, athletics venue rentals, filming requests, day camps, overnight camps, internal event support), fleet management (administering and servicing all campus vehicles, managing driver training program, coordinating shuttle services), and other special projects as needs dictate. We are seeking highly motivated and responsible students to fill the role of Operations Student Assistant to support the day-to-day administration of these functions. Position requires a significant level of autonomy with the ability to work independently and exercise sound decision-making skills, ability to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods, knowledge of basic Microsoft Office applications, a willingness to learn and become proficient with new software applications, and a valid driver's license. Duties listed below are general examples, but should not be considered all-inclusive and may be altered as needs change.Responsibilities
- Provide high level customer support to faculty, staff, & students in the areas of Space & Fleet management on campus
- Help manage processes through various computer systems and applications.
- Coordinating, scheduling, and implementing GGC space & fleet policies and procedures.
- Support Event coordination and management on campus.
- Working with vendors for delivery of products and services.
- Maintain data and reports for space and fleet in proprietary databases.
- Coordinate, schedule, deliver vehicles and carts for maintenance and repair.
- Perform inventory of furniture to include classrooms, common areas, residence life, and other campus spaces.
- Perform administrative duties, such as, processing invoices, creating signage, etc
- Performs other duties, as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver license and have been driving for at least two years.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax machine, copier and printer).
- Proficient computer skills.
- Database knowledge and how they operate
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]