Event Coordinator (Part Time Position)
Position: Event Coordinator (Part Time Position) Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 608 # of Openings: 1 Event CoordinatorJob OverviewThis position is responsible for providing administrative and event planning support for the Annual and Reunion Giving events team. The Event Coordinator reports to the Event Manager. This is a part time position and the hours are 20 hrs/week, 12 months/yr. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Event Manager with assignments relative to event planning and execution. This could include research, communication with attendees, program participants, or vendors, brainstorming, assembling and moving inventory and event materials, event design, creating name tags and tent cards, or proofreading.
- Manages vendor payments, honorariums, travel expenses, and miscellaneous expenses; keeping an accurate and detailed expense sheet for each event.
- Maintains and organizes event history, including annual event files, giveaway history, print material, campaign overviews, event budgets, and event ROI.
- Oversees accurate and organized inventory of event supplies. This includes researching, ordering, and storing event-specific items and office supplies.
- Assists Event Manager with large and small-scale events both on and off campus as needed.
- Coordinates accurate and timely pre and post-event mailings for guests and manages all supply deliveries for off-campus events.
- Manages detailed records of event participation and correspondence in the CRM.
- Coordinates travel for students, faculty, staff, and other participants for off-campus events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and an aptitude for learning new software programs
- Relational, multi-tasker, highly organized with attention to detail; ability to work independently and with a team
- Problem-solver with ability to develop efficient work methods for a variety of tasks and assignments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to work night and weekend events and to travel for off-campus events
- Knowledge of etiquette and protocols preferred