Director, Manchester Family Child Development Center
Posting #: 3050
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: School of Leadership and Education Sciences, Administrator
Director, Child Development Center; Manchester Family Child Development CenterPosting #
Developing unique capabilities in all young children by bridging family, school and community to nourish curiosity and collaborate in discovery of knowledge in a warm, inclusive environment.University Description:
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
Direct and supervise operations for campus child development center (preschool).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets educational standards and goals for children between the ages of 2.5 and 5.5, using professional knowledge and ongoing professional development of teaching staff. -
- Ensures ongoing compliance with strict health and safety standards including state licensing regulations, California Department of Social Services, and University mission, policies and procedures.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the center’s operations including the following specific responsibilities:
- Direct enrollment and retention:
- Maintain enrollment targets and tuition levels to support ongoing annual budget needs.
- Welcome prospective families through tours and regular communication. Facilitate orientation and admission practices.
- Take particular care to be inclusive in action and messaging with prospective and current families.
- Maintain communication with enrolled families through presence in the Center, newsletters, periodic special notices, and individual parent conferences as needed or requested.
- Direct enrollment and retention:
- Manage financial responsibilities:
- Prepare annual Center operating budget and regular reconciliations.
- Manage accounts receivable: enrollment billings, financial aid allocation and distribution, revenue collection, and USD deposits.
- Manage and oversee accounts payable transactions: oversee all departmental expenditures, manage supplies inventory and ordering of materials. Supervise staff:
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage qualified and diverse teaching staff.
- Maintain timecards and employee records required by the state and the University.
- Schedule and manage work schedules and assignments for full time employees, Federal Work Study students, and volunteers as needed.
- BA or BS in related field
- At least 4 years of teaching experience in early childhood facility required.
- Must demonstrate commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Must meet California child care center director qualifications.
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Prior administrative experience strongly preferred.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to manage multiple constituencies with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Will direct enrollment and retention efforts, manage financial responsibilities, and supervise teaching staff.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to speak fluent English; preschool environment that at times is noisy or requires quiet time; must meet California child care center director qualifications for state licensing obligations.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]Additional Details:
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: March 01, 2021 Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled