Cook 1 (Full-Time)
Cook 1 (Full-Time 12 month position)
Hourly Wage: Based on Union Agreement, starting at $12.20/hr
Under the direct supervision of the Chef Food Service Manager, will perform the following duties: Operate standard kitchen equipment to prepare food and beverages in large quantities; Set up food lines; Clean and sanitize.
Duties and Responsibilities Cook 1 (Full-Time 12 month position)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate Standard Kitchen Equipment to Prepare Food and Beverages in Large Quantities: Cook food; mix salads; make desserts and dressings; prepare hot and cold beverages and special menu foods; slice meat and cheese; make sandwiches; assemble fruit trays and relish trays; clean and cut vegetables and meats before cooking and mixing; report accidents and malfunctioning equipment.
- Set-up Food Lines: Portion food on serving lines; set-up trays and carts; pack food for delivery to dining areas and storage; review and complete food production records.
- Clean and sanitize work area, equipment and utensils.
- Coordinate student employees.
- Assist with operations of the Convenience Store: Operate cash register and card reader; prepare an accounting of daily receipts and X-Y reports.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- 960 hours as food service worker or three (3) courses in food preparation, sanitation, and storage or one (1) year experience in cooking in institution, school, or restaurant setting;
- Knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in large volume cooking;
- Skill in operation of kitchen equipment;
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations;
- Basic math skills;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Ability to read and write simple sentences;
- Ability to run a cash register/credit/debit card machine;
- Ability to count money accurately and give the correct change back to the customer;
- Ability to understand system of procedure.